Available Applets

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Bumper

Available Applets

Post by Bumper »

Perhaps I'm missing something and there is a bunch of apps out there for the SPP. Otherwise it seems to me the LCD isn't of much use. The ones included with the drivers don't do much for me. The function keys are nice and the picture viewer can come in handy for displaying reference pics and whatnot.

Are there other apps available. Granted I don't really know what I would want that I don't have on my computer.

-Lee
UtaSH

Re: Available Applets

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Bumper,

what application are you using with the SpacePilot PRO? Included in our most recent driver there is an applet for some of the supported applications (ProE, NX, that shows fundamental properties of the loaded model (mass, material, volume, ...).

Additionally there is an SDK for the LCD manager. After you installed the 3DxSoftware for the SpacePilot PRO you will find it at: C:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\LCD Manager\SDK. Programmers who have ideas what the LCD could display can use that SDK and create their own application. We are working on additional applets, too. :)
Bumper

Re: Available Applets

Post by Bumper »

uludwig wrote:Hi Bumper,

what application are you using with the SpacePilot PRO? Included in our most recent driver there is an applet for some of the supported applications (ProE, NX, that shows fundamental properties of the loaded model (mass, material, volume, ...).

Additionally there is an SDK for the LCD manager. After you installed the 3DxSoftware for the SpacePilot PRO you will find it at: C:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\LCD Manager\SDK. Programmers who have ideas what the LCD could display can use that SDK and create their own application. We are working on additional applets, too. :)
Hi Uta,

I use 3DS Max 2010 in a game development environment. And again I don't know what apps could do form me when modeling or texturing game objects. Granted I didn't know I needed my SPP until I used it (now I'm ruined and go through withdrawal if I try to model without it.)

I look forward to seeing what new applets come down the pipe!

Best
-Lee