3DSmax 2012 rotation center issues

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

peteski

3DSmax 2012 rotation center issues

Post by peteski »

Hi there,
Just having an issue where rotation center wont always be the selected object's center.
I have the rotation center set to selected object and the camera is in target mode. Is anyone else having this problem? I just updated my drivers a few weeks ago and it still seems to happen.
Any ideas? Should I try the beta drivers?
Pete
peteski

Re: 3DSmax 2012 rotation center issues

Post by peteski »

Hi there,

Still having this issue but I noticed something else the other day about it. It seems that the rotation center always works when the selected object is a mesh but when it's a helper object (or anything else) it doesn't update and end up rotating some other unknown center.

Thanks,
Pete
Solidmind

Post by Solidmind »

I have the same problem. Rotating around selected objects doesnt work, it´s very hard to navigate when zoomed in at a bunch of vertices and then rotating around something else but the slected vertices. I have used 3D connexion devices for 6 years know and the software has just getting worse and worse. Currently the client I´m working for is considering to purchase 3D devices for their CG departement (20-30 pieces) but I adviced them not to since there is so much trouble with the software... Hopefully there will be some competition soon on the 3D device market that will push the quality forward.
peteski

Post by peteski »

Yeah it's a shame, I really love the spaceball. Where I'm working I have people checking it out everyday but whenever I show anyone it starts rotating around some random point and they get put off pretty quick. Shame cos the device itself is still great, just the drivers that are letting it down. :(