Ability to switch configs on SP Pro

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Magic Man

Ability to switch configs on SP Pro

Post by Magic Man »

I understand from a thread here that there is a config button on the Space Pilot that enables you to switch configs/profiles on the fly.

Could similar functionality be added to the SP Pro? I.e. I want to be able to switch between different profiles from the device itself, preferably from within the SP Pro lcd application.
Fred

Post by Fred »

That feature is currently limited to the SpacePilot.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Is there any reason why it couldn't be implemented on the SP Pro?

After all, I can click the MENU button to open the 3DxWare dialog and select a different config from the drop down list. Likewise, whilst this is on the screen, pressing the - + rocker on the SP Pro affects the on screen speed slider. Similarly, pressing any of the three axis lock buttons check/unchecks the corresponding tick box in the 3DxWare dialog so, presumably, the 3DxWare dialog itself is reacting to live input from the SP Pro.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to view the list of available configs via an app on the LCD and select the one I want using the up/down/ok keys.

Another helpful thing would be that when in the Button Configuration tab and I press one of the keys on the SP Pro, could the corresponding key on the tab be selected and its list opened? Would make mapping keys a little quicker than having to look and find the corresponding key to change its mapping.

Thanks!

Any more ideas wanted, let me know... ;)
Fred

Post by Fred »

Ill pass your request on to the programmers for review.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Thanks!
UtaSH

Re: Ability to switch configs on SP Pro

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Magic Man,

what application(s) are you using with the SpacePilot?
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Hi.

I'm actually fairly limited in my scope but currently use it for Sketchup and Poser. Granted, both of those apps don't use that many mapped keys - I had to make my own for Poser, but I think the function of being able to switch between configs (potentially more than one for the same app depending on which area you are in etc.) would be very useful.

Also, as said, the select a button in the button configuration tab would be helpful as well...

Thanks!