SpaceNavigator: Code 10, Device Cannot Start

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

TomScrut

SpaceNavigator: Code 10, Device Cannot Start

Post by TomScrut »

Hi Everyone,

I got a new SpaceNavigator last week and plugged it in, installed drivers etc and everything worked ok. About half an hour ago it just stopped working during use, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in again. I get the error in device manager, 'code 10, this device cannot start' and it is only known as a 'USB Input Device' (I arent sure what it should be known as). It was plugged into a powered USB hub built into my monitor, but as I thought it could be a power issue I tried it in every USB port on the PC (all 10 of them) and it comes up with the same issue. I did try plugging it in with both buttons pressed in (as I saw this on another forum to try and get the device/driver to start or something) but it just came up with a wierd device name that Windows cannot find a driver for.

As it is only a few days old I can return it but I would rather not go through the returns process if there isn't anything wrong with it, in case they want me to pay for courier etc and also for me having to do without it for god knows how long!

Any ideas? I am running Windows 7 64 bit with 3DxWare 10.0.22 and 3DxWinCore 17.0.32.

Any help would be appreciated!

Tom
Fred

Re: SpaceNavigator: Code 10, Device Cannot Start

Post by Fred »

Did windows install any updates recently?

The first step to take when troubleshooting code 10 errors is to uninstall the present driver.
after uninstalling. go to
http://www.3dconnexion.com/faq/1100
remove previous saved button configurations.
Next install the driver.
TomScrut

Post by TomScrut »

Fred wrote:Did windows install any updates recently?

The first step to take when troubleshooting code 10 errors is to uninstall the present driver.
after uninstalling. go to
http://www.3dconnexion.com/faq/1100
remove previous saved button configurations.
Next install the driver.
Thanks I will give this a go
TomScrut

Post by TomScrut »

Fred wrote:Did windows install any updates recently?
Not that I am aware of, or at least since I got the SpaceNavigator anyway.
TomScrut

Post by TomScrut »

Ok, I unplugged the SpaceNavigator, uninstalled the driver, cleaned up the install as per the FAQ you linked to, restarted, reinstalled the drivers and plugged it back in again and it still comes up with the same error. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Tom
TomScrut

Post by TomScrut »

It doesn't work in my colleagues PC either, but his Navigator works fine. I haven't tried his on my PC as he is busy using it! His PC is configured the same as mine.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Tom,

it seems you do not have another choice than contacting our Technical Support Group. After they have checked with you if the device can be recovered it usually only takes a short time until you receive a replacement device. There are no shipping costs for you.
TomScrut

Post by TomScrut »

Thanks, I will give them a call.

Tom