WHERE ARE THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE DRIVERS?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

kurtnelle

Post by kurtnelle »

Fred

Re: WHERE ARE THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE DRIVERS?

Post by Fred »

Check the box "show archive" on the driver download page. There is usually the last driver before the current driver.
except for the Spacemouse wireless driver your limited to the current driver or you can choose another device and use the 3.17.8. driver. Installing this driver you'll lose the radial menu's they are not part of the 3Dxware driver in 3.17.8. only in the Driver 10 version.
kurtnelle

Post by kurtnelle »

Nah, I need ones going back to 2012 from when I first purchased the mouse. These new drivers don't work properly.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello kurtnelle -

The difference between the 2012 driver and Release 3.16.3 from 03/28/2013 on the downloads page is the addition of the 2014 add-ins. The 2012 version does not contain support for current applications so it is no longer in use. Checking the 'Also show archived software' box on the downloads page will display Release 3.16.3.

The clean install steps here will remove components of previous versions that could be causing problems. If you are still seeing a problem after using those steps , please let us know any error messages and the applications you are using.
-------------------
Barbara
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

kurtnelle wrote:Nah, I need ones going back to 2012 from when I first purchased the mouse. These new drivers don't work properly.
Hello kurtnelle,

let us know what problem you have with the latest drivers. We might be able to provide a solution. :)
Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

Barbara wrote:The 2012 version does not contain support for current applications so it is no longer in use.
It is obvious that a 2012 driver would not contain support for 2014 applications. The problem is the assumption that everyone is using the latest version of software, with the latest mice and latest OS.

I am still running WindowsXP64 and 3dsMax 2009 with a Spaceball5000. I have no desire to upgrade, because the custom plugins that I use were written for 3dsMax2009, some of which were never rewritten for later releases.

If this machine ever explodes, I can restore my XP64 and 3dsMax from the original install discs.
I still have the install disc for my mouse, but it was bought in 2006...

3dconnexion's current 'archive' scheme makes it impossible for me or anyone to ever regain vintage installers.
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Tehrasha

Spaceball 5000 driver is still listed under Old products. 3.7.22
I believe this driver still had the 3dxmax 8 add-in.
Check the box "show archive" on the driver download page.
If you need a driver earlier you can choose the Spaceball 5000 serial driver December 2006
kurtnelle

Post by kurtnelle »

I wanted to test out that an earlier version of the driver has no problems. In August 2013 I was using the system extensively and had no problems. Since then, I had to reinstall the OS but I deleted the driver by mistake. Thinking that the new driver would "just work" like the old driver. That didn't happen. Yesterday I had a hunch and installed the Logitech Set Point drivers (for my 2d mouse). So far no issues. I suspect that the drivers are fighting for the attention of Inventor, and are stepping on each other's foot.

I can quicker live without SetPoint than 3DConnexion.
kurtnelle

Post by kurtnelle »

And the problem has returned. :(
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

And what exactly is the problem?
kurtnelle

Post by kurtnelle »

Same as others have reported here; when the constraints, measurement or other window is open in Inventor, the mouse stops responding for a minute then comes back.
PeterMich

Post by PeterMich »

Also have same problem here....Need some suggestion

Thanks
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi,

note that we currently have a problem with 3DxWare 10 and Inventor. We are tracking the issue internally with bug number #6629.

Until we can release the fix for this issue I can recommend two workarounds:
1. If you click into the graphical window with the mouse the navigation is enabled again.
2. Alternatively you can install the driver for the SpaceMouse Pro, 3DxSoftware 3.17.8. It supports the SpaceMouse Wireless and the SpaceNavigator, too. But you do not have the Radial Menus with this driver version. The issue you reported does NOT occur with 3DxSoftware 3.17.x and Inventor.
kurtnelle

Post by kurtnelle »

So far the SpaceMouse Pro, 3DxSoftware 3.17.8 driver is working. I'm happy again. Uploading that driver to the cloud so I never loose it again.
per

Post by per »

Where can I download version 3.17.8 ?