SpaceMouse Wireless Reverse Zoom Option For Solidworks

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ben_r_

SpaceMouse Wireless Reverse Zoom Option For Solidworks

Post by ben_r_ »

So I just got a few of these new SpaceMouse Wireless 3D mice and so far they have been awesome. However Im having trouble finding a setting that I used to have on my SpaceNavigator and SpacePilot Pro. I always reverse the zooming in and out control as I just prefer it to work the other way and I am able to do that just fine with the SpaceMouse Wireless in most application like Altium Designer 13.2.5 for example. When I click the left button on the SpaceMouse Wireless and the Properties option and then the Advanced Settings button on the popup dialog I see the following:
Altium 3D Mouse.JPG
Altium 3D Mouse.JPG (36.05 KiB) Viewed 12592 times
However when I do the same while in Solidworks 2013 after clicking the Advanced Setttings button I see an entirely different screen that does not have the same options:
Solidworks 3D Mouse.JPG
Solidworks 3D Mouse.JPG (40.58 KiB) Viewed 12592 times
So how do I change those settings for use with Solidworks 2013 like I can with Altium Designer 13.2.5?
Fred

Re: SpaceMouse Wireless Reverse Zoom Option For Solidworks

Post by Fred »

At this time you cannot change the directions it was not included in the release of the Wireless driver.
This issue has been reported to the programmers. At this time i donot know if this was missed or intended.
ben_r_

Post by ben_r_ »

Fred wrote:At this time you cannot change the directions it was not included in the release of the Wireless driver.
This issue has been reported to the programmers. At this time i donot know if this was missed or intended.
Youre kidding me. But I can do it just fine while in Altium Designer, why can't I do it in Solidworks? Is it just because the Solidworks SpaceMouse Wireless driver doesnt allow it? Is there any way to use the same driver Altium Designer uses instead of the one the SpaceMouse switches to when in Solidoworks?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Solidworks requires an addin, that 3Dconnexion provides in the driver.
The ability to switch the directions was not incuded in the Solidworks addin..
You can try the 3.17.7 driver for the Navigator.
ben_r_

Post by ben_r_ »

Fred wrote:Solidworks requires an addin, that 3Dconnexion provides in the driver.
The ability to switch the directions was not incuded in the Solidworks addin..
You can try the 3.17.7 driver for the Navigator.
:( That makes me a sad panda. Of course there has to be SOMETHING that makes this new 3D mouse not perfect. I knew something would come up. Well I hope they add the feature as its REALLY annoying to have all the application I use my 3D mice with handle zoom the same one EXCEPT one. Sigh.
JamesC

Post by JamesC »

I have found that more settings appear if you do the following:

1) Open Solidworks
2) Open the "Properties" button of the Wireless Spacemouse interface
3) Close solidworks
4) *then* click on "adanced" settings.

Seems like a glitch to me, but that gets me access to that box (but I still can't get the settings how I want them - see my post in the "feedback" forum).

I want to like and use this device. Until I can set it up properly, however, I will be very frustrated, and likely give up.
ben_r_

Post by ben_r_ »

JamesC wrote:I have found that more settings appear if you do the following:

1) Open Solidworks
2) Open the "Properties" button of the Wireless Spacemouse interface
3) Close solidworks
4) *then* click on "adanced" settings.

Seems like a glitch to me, but that gets me access to that box (but I still can't get the settings how I want them - see my post in the "feedback" forum).

I want to like and use this device. Until I can set it up properly, however, I will be very frustrated, and likely give up.
Okay, that sounds like a neat trick, but do those changes that you make apply and/or stick the next time you run and use the SpaceMouse Wireless in Solidworks?
ben_r_

Post by ben_r_ »

Ah! Just tried it and it worked and the setting stayed! Awesome! Thanks for the work around!

And yes Id call this a glitch on 3Dconnexion's behalf. Having a standard feature in all other 3D mice they make and then not having it in the latest one is indeed IMO always an error.