Issue with CadMouse Pro Wireless: Zoom and Scroll Reversing Sporadically

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dudinger

Issue with CadMouse Pro Wireless: Zoom and Scroll Reversing Sporadically

Post by dudinger »

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing an issue with my CadMouse Pro Wireless and I'm hoping someone here might be able to offer some advice or solutions. Every time I use the scroll wheel or zoom in any program, I encounter interruptions where the zoom or scroll direction temporarily reverses. This happens randomly and affects my workflow significantly.

I Updated all drivers and firmware to the latest versions and tested the mouse both wireless and wired.

I recently upgraded to Windows 11 a few days ago, but this problem was already present when I was using Windows 10, so it doesn't seem to be related to the OS version.

The issue occurs across multiple applications, suggesting it's not specific to any one software.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any tips on how to resolve this or should I consider reaching out to 3Dconnexion support? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
conniegee

Re: Issue with CadMouse Pro Wireless: Zoom and Scroll Reversing Sporadically

Post by conniegee »

dudinger wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:29 am Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing an issue with my CadMouse Pro Wireless and I'm hoping someone here might be able to offer some advice or solutions. Every time I use the scroll wheel or zoom in any program, I encounter interruptions where the zoom or scroll direction temporarily reverses. This happens randomly and affects my workflow significantly.

I Updated all drivers and firmware to the latest versions and tested the mouse both wireless and wired.

I recently upgraded to Windows 11 a few days ago, but this problem was already present when I was using Windows 10, so it doesn't seem to be related to the OS version.

The issue occurs across multiple applications, suggesting it's not specific to any one software.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any tips on how to resolve this or should I consider reaching out to 3Dconnexion support? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Same issue! Did you find the solution?
luping

Post by luping »

It's the problem of the scroll wheel encoder in your CadMouse Pro Wirelss, you have to replace the scroll wheel encoder in the mouse. In your case, it's a TTC scroll wheel encoder of 9mm height, you can buy a TTC gold mouse scroll wheel encoder from amazon, aliexpress or ebay.

The included TTC scroll wheel encoder has relatively low lifespan that under intense daily use, it will fail(causing reverse scroll issue) after mouse warranty expires. This is by design, which is called planned obsolescence, so that when your CadMouse Pro Wireless warranty expired, you have to place a new order to buy the product, it generates new stream of income for the manufacturer or the OEM contract manufacturer. Other mouse manufacturer does this trick too, like Logitech, MX Master 3S will fail right after the warranty expires, usually it's related to the microswitch double-click issue.
luping

Post by luping »

conniegee wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:07 pm
dudinger wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:29 am Hello everyone,

Thank you!
Same issue! Did you find the solution?
The solution is if your product is still under warranty, contact 3Dconnexion for RMA(Return Material Authorisation). Otherwise, replace the scroll wheel encoder.