plusminus and alt codes

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

EmilioS

plusminus and alt codes

Post by EmilioS »

I do want to use the alt codes for special characters.
But with my new keyboard from 3DConnexion, I can not access these codes anymore,
How can I get there?
ngomes

Re: plusminus and alt codes

Post by ngomes »

You need to have the Numpad Pro (NPP) device paired to your Keyboard Pro (KBP). You cannot enter alt codes if the NPP is connected over Bluetooth.

Hold down the left Alt key and enter the code. For example, "Alt+0128" will output the Euro sign (€).

If the above does not work, ensure you have the latest firmware for your KBP and NPP devices. The driver will notify if a firmware update required but you can also check 3Dconnexion Settings (connect the NPP to the computer using a cable).

If you cannot get the above to work, contact our Technical Support team.

On US layout keyboard, the right Alt key can also be used.

About the Bluetooth limitation: the system requires that the Alt key being held down is in the same device as the numpad used to enter the four-digit code. When the NPP is paired to the keyboard, the system "sees" the keyboard and numpad as single device.

Over Bluetooth, the system identifies the numpad as a separate keyboard and does not allow alt codes to be entered. Same happens when using two physical keyboards or the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) tool.
Nuno Gomes
EmilioS

plusminus and alt codes

Post by EmilioS »

Thank you for your reply.
This Numpad is getting very annoying.

I do not get the pairing between keyboard and numpad working.
I can pair the numpad with Bluetooth at the PC.

So what do I have to do to successfully pair the numpad to the keyboard?

Latest drivers and updates are installed.
ngomes

Re: plusminus and alt codes

Post by ngomes »

EmilioS wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:36 am So what do I have to do to successfully pair the numpad to the keyboard?
You will need to unpair the Numpad from Bluetooth.

If the device is already paired to Bluetooth, it will ignore the keyboard pairing. If you are sure the Numpad is not paired to Bluetooth, then try a few times to pair it to the keyboard (if nothing happens after entering the six-digit code, go back and try again with a different code).