Couple Questions About SM Pro Wireless

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

celiker

Couple Questions About SM Pro Wireless

Post by celiker »

Hello.

I've recently purchased a SpaceMouse Pro Wireless and I haven't been able to figure out some of the features. This the first time I'm ever using a product like this, so do excuse my inexperience.

I'm using Win11.

I cannot seem to pair the device through Bluetooth. Does not show up in the pairing menu. The device doesnt have a bluetooth switch mode which is a bad design in my opinion. How can I connect the device via bluetooth?

The LEDs on the device does not work while it is connected via the receiver. I cant seem the activate it on the settings menu. It only works while connected via cable. Is this a design feature to save battery? if so, can I overwrite it?

If anyone knows how to solve these, I'll be grateful if they share.

Thanks a lot in advance.
celiker

Re: Couple Questions About SM Pro Wireless

Post by celiker »

Additionally, the battery indicator always shows 1% regardless how long I charge the device. Is this a driver problem or a hardware problem with the device itself?
DavidV

Re: Couple Questions About SM Pro Wireless

Post by DavidV »

celiker wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:58 am Hello.

I've recently purchased a SpaceMouse Pro Wireless and I haven't been able to figure out some of the features. This the first time I'm ever using a product like this, so do excuse my inexperience.

I'm using Win11.

I cannot seem to pair the device through Bluetooth. Does not show up in the pairing menu. The device doesnt have a bluetooth switch mode which is a bad design in my opinion. How can I connect the device via bluetooth?

The LEDs on the device does not work while it is connected via the receiver. I cant seem the activate it on the settings menu. It only works while connected via cable. Is this a design feature to save battery? if so, can I overwrite it?

If anyone knows how to solve these, I'll be grateful if they share.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Hello celiker,

The SpaceMouse Pro Wireless can only connect to Bluetooth when the receiver is not being used.

Turn the device of, then unplug the receiver.
Open you Bluetooth setting.
Turn on mouse and wait for it to populate, this should take at the most 5 seconds.

If you do not see it populate, then you may have to unpair the mouse from the receiver using the 3Dconnexion Pairing app.

as for the LEDs, they only stay on when the device is plugged in.

as for the 1% battery, which driver do you have installed?