Driver woes

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

studiosjj

Driver woes

Post by studiosjj »

I've been a spacemouse user since the original device and own 3 plus, 2 cad mice and keyboard. The spacemouse has become second nature so I held out on buying Plasticity until it had spacemouse support. But man I'm having a NIGHTMRE with the 3dconnexion drivers!!

I've had to uninstall and reinstall, cleaned out all the settings and leftovers I got it working once, set everything up only to discover that cinema 4d no longer connected. SO same again. Now I have cinema working but NOT Plasticity??

Does anyone have a clue what could be going on? :shock:

Windows 11 23H2
3DxWare 10.8.17.3666
Spacemouse Pro wireless
peterbowenpm

Re: Driver woes

Post by peterbowenpm »

The issue here is that Plasticity is not a supported application by 3Dconnection.
The developer may say they have support, but until Plasticity appears in the list of supported applications there will always be problems.
Fusion360 for instance is supported, and the application settings are part of the 3Dconnection driver.
I remember there was a third party driver for Unreal which never really worked and then the official driver came out. Now it has support.
Thiagoros

Post by Thiagoros »

peterbowenpm wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:12 am The issue here is that Plasticity is not a supported application by 3Dconnection.
The developer may say they have support, but until Plasticity appears in the list of supported applications there will always be problems.
Fusion360 for instance is supported, and the application settings are part of the 3Dconnection driver.
I remember there was a third party driver for Unreal which never really worked and then the official driver came out. Now it has support.
The lack of official support for Plasticity from 3Dconnection raises issues regarding compatibility and usability. Drawing on previous experiences, emphasizing the necessity of having an application listed in supported applications is critical for seamless integration. Official support, as demonstrated with Fusion360 and Unreal, tends to provide a more consistent and streamlined user experience.
jwick

Post by jwick »

What did the 3D mouse do in Plasticity? 3D things? Scroll only?
peterbowenpm

Post by peterbowenpm »

My SpaceMouse Enterprise only zooms in and out in Plasticity.
luping

Post by luping »

peterbowenpm wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:07 am My SpaceMouse Enterprise only zooms in and out in Plasticity.
Ask the Plasticity software vendor to visit this link:
https://3dconnexion.com/uk/software-developer-program/