Need for USB-C connectors on all wired devices

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

holyrider

Need for USB-C connectors on all wired devices

Post by holyrider »

Hello designers,
I have now feel it is important that 3D Connexion uses usb type-c on all their wired devices. Doing so will open endless possibilities of connectivity with numerous devices. I ask people from our forum to use its reach to make it possible.

Keep designing with innovation,
holyrider
luping

Re: Need for USB-C connectors on all wired devices

Post by luping »

If there's only USB-C port, it's like dictatorship, everyone has only one choice/option. Let people have choice, keep the choice open.
KatAdair

Post by KatAdair »

1000%. If you're going to require use of a dongle on the wireless version, too, it NEEDS to be USB-C. My six-year-old MacBook Pro only has USB-C. Part of the reason that I bought the compact version is because I don't want to have to haul extra stuff around. I will LOSE this tiny adapter...Mac users don't need dongles, so not sure why this is even required with this product. Pretty disappointed.
-------------------------------
CAD Trainer SketchUp/ZBrush/Shapr3D
Mountains of Colorado
KatAdair

Post by KatAdair »

1000%. If you're going to require use of a dongle on the wireless version, too, it NEEDS to be USB-C. My six-year-old MacBook Pro only has USB-C. Part of the reason that I bought the compact version is because I don't want to have to haul extra stuff around. I will LOSE this tiny adapter. I did see one of the photo houses sells them for $10. I guess I might buy five to have on hand...I will lose these too easily.

Mac users don't need dongles, so not sure why this is even required with this product. Perhaps a way to avoid the Bluetooth licensing fee? I would happily pay extra to cover a licensing fee if I didn't have to keep track of a dongle.
-------------------------------
CAD Trainer SketchUp/ZBrush/Shapr3D
Mountains of Colorado