3d connexion wireless space mouse, radial menus

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jfox3ster

3d connexion wireless space mouse, radial menus

Post by jfox3ster »

Hi, I'm new to this site and trying hard to implement radial menus with 8 sections and 4 levels using ctrl, shift, and ctrl + shift for the additional levels.
The first ring has finally been accomplished but I am unable to figure out how to set the code for the other levels.
I have scoured the internet for explanations or tutorials on how to set this up but cannot find what I need.
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
ionmammoth

Re: 3d connexion wireless space mouse, radial menus

Post by ionmammoth »

I also do that. What happen with you?
luping

Post by luping »

Multi-layers of radial menus are not supported, at most you can assign three keyboard strokes at the same time for one button.
jwick

Post by jwick »

jfox3ster,

How do you want this to work?
You want to use kb modifier keys to open different Radial Menus?
Or you want to use the modifier keys to extend the already open Radial Menu?

As luping pointed out, you can't do it today. But either one sounds like an interesting idea.
mhoopes

Post by mhoopes »

I do like the idea of modifier keys expanding the options for any single SpaceMouse button, either radial menu or macro.

However, I believe that modifier keys from different devices don't register a unified HID operation. Can they be co-detected by the driver if one of them is from a non-3DxWare device? Or would the "modifier" need to be on a Keyboard Pro, CADMouse, or Numpad Pro?
Michael Hoopes
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi Michael,

I can always tell the state of the system keyboard modifier keys.

It is currently possible to use a 3Dx device key to switch to an entirely different ButtonBank (all buttons at once). The GUI can't help, so it is impractical to use now.

This appears to be a different concept. Where a single button has modifier keys (much like the standard keyboard). A single button is switched, not the entire bank of buttons. It is perhaps easier to understand.

Didn't you suggest this before?
mhoopes

Post by mhoopes »

Hi Jim - my last query was concerning using a modifier, yes, specifically for Alt+xxxx codes, and I’m working around that with Autohotkey mapping or Quick Accent.

I imagine ButtonBank switching would be acceptable, as long as it switched back to the default ButtonBank after the “modifier” key was released. This is analogous to the Logitech G600 G-shift button, which is that device’s 4th “pinky” button that shifts in a second set of binding profiles in Logitech Gaming Software or G HUB when depresssed.
Michael Hoopes
mhoopes

Post by mhoopes »

I'll take the ButtonBank query to a new post.
Michael Hoopes