CAD Mouse Wireless in Autodesk Inventor Unwanted Arcs

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jmondro

CAD Mouse Wireless in Autodesk Inventor Unwanted Arcs

Post by jmondro »

I have a Wireless Spacemouse set (3D Mouse & CAD Mouse.) Both work perfectly in most applications - but have a nagging issue with Autodesk Inventor.

Inventor has a "feature" when creating a 3D Sketch that automatically transitions to a tangent arc if you are drawing a multi-segmented line. The process is to drag the cursor with the select (left mouse button) down. Autodesk in their infinite wisdom have not provided the functionality to turn this "feature" off. Unfortunately, when using my CAD Mouse, I end up with many unwanted arc segments that end up needing to deleted. This process is quite frustrating and time consuming.

Is there a setting in the 3D Connection driver software that can delay the implied "click-drag" to prevent this from happening? I have already posted a similar question on the Autodesk forums and been castigated by their "experts" that either the 3D Connexion hardware / software or my "clicking process" are at fault. While I might consider this line of thought, I do not have this issue in any other applications (Fusion 360, Solidworks.)

Thanks for reading and any comments on this issue!

John
ngomes

Re: CAD Mouse Wireless in Autodesk Inventor Unwanted Arcs

Post by ngomes »

Is there a way to "undo" the change to the transition to a tangent arc?

If there is, perhaps you can assign the action to a device button to quickly to go back to where you wanted to be.
Nuno Gomes