WalkAbout Mode in Rhino 4.0

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Crimson1983

Post by Crimson1983 »

Hi there,

Yay, for X-mas I got my very own Space Navigator and I'm quite happy with it. I have just one problem. Navigating in Rhinoceros 4.0. First of all I'm not the object rotation kind of guy, more like the fly around in first person dude. And that's the problem. I don't want to zoom in, I want to move. I don't want to rotate around my object, I want to rotate around myself. In Sketchup there is a helicopter camera mode which is quite the thing I'm looking for in Rhino. After quite a while I found the WalkAbout mode in Rhino which might be want I need but it doesn't effekt the SN.

How can I fly in first person view in Rhino?

best regards
Elwin
Andrei

Deleted Duplicate Postings

Post by Andrei »

Elwin,

I have deleted your duplicate postings
Please refrain from opening duplicate posts on the same subject.

Thank you,

Andrei
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello Elwin -

In Rhino Options under "Tools -> Options -> Rhino Options -> View you can choose Rotate around world axes or Rotate relative to view.

Rhino 4 is natively supported - which means that their software rather than 3Dconnexion software controls how your SpaceNavigator works in their application. McNeel technical support can provide more information on how their navigation options work with your SpaceNavigator.

-------------
Barbara
Crimson1983

Re: WalkAbout Mode in Rhino 4.0

Post by Crimson1983 »

Barbara wrote:Hello Elwin -

In Rhino Options under "Tools -> Options -> Rhino Options -> View you can choose Rotate around world axes or Rotate relative to view.

Rhino 4 is natively supported - which means that their software rather than 3Dconnexion software controls how your SpaceNavigator works in their application. McNeel technical support can provide more information on how their navigation options work with your SpaceNavigator.

-------------
Barbara
Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I have to say that I checked that setting before and it wasn't what I was looking for. It just defines how I turn around the camera's aim and I'd like to turn around myself. Quite like in Google Earth.

Regards,
Elwin