SpaceMouse & Bluetooth

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Bart

Re: SpaceMouse & Bluetooth

Post by Bart »

Looks like I'm not the only one with a laptop without any USBA ports. I really don't want to carry an USBC-A adapter and dongle around with me. Yes I know the Pro edition is available in Bluetooth but really I only need the standard spacemouse features and prefer the compact size. The Cadmouse and numpad are already BT, why not the core product!
MacGoose

Post by MacGoose »

To the folks at 3Dconnexion - if you want more sales, make the Compact bluetooth with a USB-C charger plug. As simple as that.
flyingbike

Post by flyingbike »

The regular wireless-non-bluetooth space mouse is on sale. Maybe a new version (Bluetooth) is imminent ?
Blewtufbro

Post by Blewtufbro »

Dude! I just had a wireless compact in my cart about to buy, but happened to just notice the little USB-a receiver in the pic. Had to check my calendar real quick. I’m so glad I noticed it wasn’t bluetooth before I bought it. What a letdown and deal breaker!

Also disappointed to see the only Bluetooth option was the huge pro thats already like 1/2 the size of my laptop. 🙄.

Is there some kinda email list I can get on so whenever they catch up with the times. I can buy one. Or do they only send out notifications visa the pony express? Or does anyone know of a competitor that uses today’s technology to connect to your computer?

looks like the “wireless” is on sale probably trying to clear out the old stock before they release a real wireless option. Hoping people like me will click buy now without noticing it’s a relic from the past. Naïvely assuming “wireless” means Bluetooth. Kinda shady business strategy if you ask me. Let me guess the compact Bluetooth will be just a tad more expensive than the original “wireless” even though it probably cost the same to produce. Hmm that competitor option would be nice.

Yes, I only made an account on this form so I can complain that’s how disappointed I am.