Maya 2011

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

para

Maya 2011

Post by para »

Hi

I had problems with 3DX Driver and Cinema 4D (I found the solution) and surprise, it isn't working too on Maya 2011...
I cannot "Roll( Rotate X) and I cannot acces the 3DX Control Panel in Maya. I'm still running Windows 7 x64.

First I have to ask: Why should I have to copy files manually? (Manual plugin install solution). Why can't your software handle that??

I cannot even do it with your solution. There is no output when I execute the MelScript "MagellanStartup;". I don't even habe this user-maya-paths you wrote. (I just reinstalled Maya with de default settings!)

So.. what can I do?

regards,
para
UtaSH

Re: Maya 2011

Post by UtaSH »

para wrote:... it isn't working too on Maya 2011...
I cannot "Roll( Rotate X) and I cannot acces the 3DX Control Panel in Maya.
There is a checkbox "Disable Rolling" in the 3Dconnexion Maya GUI. The 3Dconnexion Maya GUI can be reached by pressing a button on the 3D mouse. For the SpacePilot Pro it's the Menu button, for the SpacePilot and the SpaceExplorer it is the Panel button and for the SpaceNavigator it is the right button.
para wrote:...
First I have to ask: Why should I have to copy files manually? (Manual plugin install solution). Why can't your software handle that??
You are right - the installation should copy all needed files to the appropriate location. Did problems occur?
para wrote:...
I cannot even do it with your solution.
Could you please clarify which solution you refer to?
para

Post by para »

Hi

Sorry, I kinda overreacted.

The problem is that no window appears when I press this button or press the button in the upper menu bar.

I tried this solution: viewtopic.php?t=3557
With regards to Maya 2011, please check that the plug-in files are properly installed

- Confirm the plug-in 3DxMaya.bundle is in Users/Autodesk/maya/2011/plug-ins
- Confirm these files are in Users/Autodesk/maya/scripts
C3DxButtonEditor.mel
C3DxControlPanel.mel
C3DxMapping.mel
MagellanStartup.mel
usersetup.mel
- Can you look at the MEL script console after startup and paste the output here?
- Go to Maya Window->Settings/Preferences->Plug-In Manager and check that 3DxMaya.bundle is loaded

Finally, try typing the MEL command:
MagellanStartup;
The problem is that I don't have the paths Users/Autodesk/xxx. I tried to copy them into "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2011\bin\plug-ins" and C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2011\scripts but it didn't work.

Are there any config files where the "no rolling" value could be changed [/quote][/code]

best regards,
para
para

Post by para »

Hi

I could solve this issue. I uninstalled Maya, uninstalled 3DX drivers, restartet my Computer and installes Maya and the driver. Now I could open the control panel and enable rolling :D

Perhaps it helped uninstalling both at the same time (First, I reinstalled 3DX and Maya but this did not work)

regards,
para
pmarinello

Wish I could help

Post by pmarinello »

But I'm just posting a reply here because I'm too lazy to find the damn test forum to post my first reply.