Download Problems

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tacarr
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Download Problems

Post by tacarr » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:58 pm

I have been attempting to download the latest Windows drivers for my Space Navigator for the last 2 days. (Windows Critical Update screwed up my Space Navigator). Unfortunately the download site does not permit resuming and when I tried GetRight was greeted with "Anti leeching" message (Who wants to leech a specialised driver like this?). The download itself has been between 1kB/s up to about 3kB/s and has crashed repeatedly. This, of course, requires starting all over again :x . Why is resuming not permitted when we have files of 70Mb which can take 5 or 6 hours (When they can be completed) at the speeds I get from this site. I live in an area where Internet connection stability is problematic and not very fast (max 80 - 100kB/s). Power outages are also common.

Just got the following message for the umpteenth time "C:\Downloads\3DxSoftware32_v3-12-1_r983(3).exe.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator."

Need an emoticon for extreme frustration.

I am surprised that a company like this does not cater for people like me.

Bryan
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:37 pm
Location: Rochester NY

Installation File can be Transferred via USB Flash Drive

Post by Bryan » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:21 am

Dear tacarr,

As a work around I would recommend that you enlist the aid of a friend that has a less problematic connection to download the drivers. It may then take less than 4 minutes. After downloading the 3DxSoftware installation suite file, you may transfer it via a USB Flash Drive and then after transferring the file to your computer, run it and in the InstallShield wizard, choose a 'complete' install and to have the drivers start automatically.

Sincerely,
Bryan
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )

tacarr
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Installation File can be Transferred via USB Flash Drive

Post by tacarr » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:37 pm

Bryan wrote:Dear tacarr,

As a work around I would recommend that you enlist the aid of a friend that has a less problematic connection to download the drivers. It may then take less than 4 minutes. After downloading the 3DxSoftware installation suite file, you may transfer it via a USB Flash Drive and then after transferring the file to your computer, run it and in the InstallShield wizard, choose a 'complete' install and to have the drivers start automatically.

Sincerely,
Bryan
Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the advise. Unfortunately, as I stated, I live in an area where the Internet is bad. All of us have the same type of problem. Is it possible for you to upload driver to SendSpace and then email me the link? I have used this before successfully.

Regards,

Terry

UtaSH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2965
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:34 am
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Post by UtaSH » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:22 am


tacarr
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by tacarr » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:13 pm

uludwig wrote:Try this SendSpace link.
Hi Uta,

Thanks for the link. Download successful.

Still have problem with drivers though. Blue light does not come on and when starting 3Dconnexion Trainer get the following message:

"Error: Could not locate an installed 3Dconnexion device'
Please install your motion controller driver software
before proceeding."

I have tried installing with firewall off (BitDefender Total Security 2011) with the device both connected and disconnected.

On connecting the device the USB connection sound is heard but then nothing happens.

Computer has been restarted after installation.

I have also tried turning on the driver in 3DxWare.

Within '3D Mouse Home' Properties and Puzzle are inoperative and Trainer shows the above error message and then goes into the video.

SketchUp 7.1 contains the relevant Plugin files

Within Device Manager window I cannot find any reference to 3Dconnexions.

Please advise on what I try next.

Regards,

Terry

tacarr
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by tacarr » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:18 pm

tacarr wrote:
uludwig wrote:Try this SendSpace link.
Hi Uta,

Thanks for the link. Download successful.

Still have problem with drivers though. Blue light does not come on and when starting 3Dconnexion Trainer get the following message:

"Error: Could not locate an installed 3Dconnexion device'
Please install your motion controller driver software
before proceeding."

I have tried installing with firewall off (BitDefender Total Security 2011) with the device both connected and disconnected.

On connecting the device the USB connection sound is heard but then nothing happens.

Computer has been restarted after installation.

I have also tried turning on the driver in 3DxWare.

Within '3D Mouse Home' Properties and Puzzle are inoperative and Trainer shows the above error message and then goes into the video.

SketchUp 7.1 contains the relevant Plugin files

Within Device Manager window I cannot find any reference to 3Dconnexions.

Please advise on what I try next.

Regards,

Terry
Have now produced installation log. Consists of 15 separate files, which do you need? Please give PM address to forward it to.

UtaSH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2965
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:34 am
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Post by UtaSH » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:36 pm

tacarr wrote:...
Within Device Manager window I cannot find any reference to 3Dconnexions.
...
Terry,

did you check this knowledge base article on how to identify the 3D mouse? You have to open the properties and check the product id of the entry.

Please check the settings of Bitdefendeer, too.
We have had conflicts with Bitdefender on W7 in the past.
If you have Bitdefender 2010, change your scanner settings to "Tolerant".
If you have Bitdefender 2009, disable "IDS instrusion detection system" in advanced firewall options.

If this doesn't help please let me know. I'll send you an email address for the logfiles then.
Last edited by UtaSH on Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

tacarr
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by tacarr » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:11 am

uludwig wrote:
tacarr wrote:...
Within Device Manager window I cannot find any reference to 3Dconnexions.
...
Terry,

did you check this knowledge base article on how to identify the 3D mouse? You have to open the properties and check the product id of the entry.

Please check the settings of Bitdefendeer, too.
We have had conflicts with Bitdefender on W7 in the past.
If you have Bitdefender 2010, change your scanner settings to "Tolerant".
If you have Bitdefender 2009, disable "IDS instrusion detection system" in advanced firewall options.

If this doesn't help please let me know. I'll send you an email address for the logfiles then.
Hi Uta,

As I stated earlier I am using Windows XP with 'BitDefender Total Security 2011'. Within this I have added, under the Firewall section, a rule allowing 3dxsrv.exe full access.

There was a similar problem with BitDefender 2010 and XP but the Firewall rule cleared it. Unfortunately this has not happened this time.

Before the Windows Update the Space Navigator was working properly with BitDefender Total Security 2011.

The knowledge base link in your posting did not work but after going through other posts I found one that said to open Device Driver window, disconnect and then re-connect Space Navigator. I did this and under heading Human Interface Devices
HID-compliant device and USB Human Interface Device appear.

Within one of the listings the following appears:

Device type: Human Interface Devices
Manufacturer: (Standard system devices)
Location: Location 0 (SpaceNavigator)

The device is working Properly

Under the Driver Tab the following appears:

Driver Provider Microsoft
Driver Date: 01/07/2001
Driver Version: 5.1.2600.5512

Hope this is of some help.

Over to you :(

Regards,

Terry

UtaSH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2965
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:34 am
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Post by UtaSH » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Terry,

do you see the 3Dconnexion icon in the systemtray after you logged in? If not, do you see it when you launch Start -> All Programs -> 3Dconnexion -> 3DxWare -> Start Driver?

tacarr
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by tacarr » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:03 pm

uludwig wrote:Terry,

do you see the 3Dconnexion icon in the systemtray after you logged in? If not, do you see it when you launch Start -> All Programs -> 3Dconnexion -> 3DxWare -> Start Driver?
Hi Uta,

There is no icon in the system tray. Start -> All Programs -> 3Dconnexion -> 3DxWare -> Start Driver exists but when clicking on it "3D Mouse Home" opens and nothing else happens. No icon appears in system tray and no blue light. :(

tacarr
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by tacarr » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi Uta,

Would you like me to send the log files or not?

Regards,

Terry

UtaSH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2965
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:34 am
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Post by UtaSH » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:00 am

Yes, please. I sent you a message with the email address where to send the logfiles to.

Thanks,

tacarr
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Log Files

Post by tacarr » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:16 am

Hi Uta,

Log Files uploaded.

Name: tacarr - Log Files.zip

Regards,

Terry

tacarr
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by tacarr » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:34 am

Hi Uta,

Still looking forward to using my SpaceNavigator. Anything to report yet? Will need driver for SketchUp v8 as well. so please upload to SendSpace for me.

Regards,

Terry

UtaSH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2965
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:34 am
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Post by UtaSH » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:36 am

Hi Terry,

thanks for the log files from the installation, but I can not find any error messages there. I assume the driver was installed properly.

I corrected the link in my previous post. Please check if the device is in the device manager. As I already mentioned you have to open the properties of the HID devices (Details -> Device Instance Id).

Let me know if you find the 3D mouse in the device manager.

Additionally I am interested in the log file of the 3DxWare (3dxsrv). Please open the registry and check if the key "LogLevel" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\3Dconnexion\3DxWare is set to "ffffffff". If not please adapt it accordingly. Then log out and log in again.

You should now get a file 3DxWare.log in %APPDATA%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare. Sent it to the same email address as the other log files before.

Post Reply