SpaceBall 4000 + USB serial + 3dxWare 10

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

arpruss

Re: SpaceBall 4000 + USB serial + 3dxWare 10

Post by arpruss »

epicflunkie wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:05 pm With that being said, I can't seem to get it to work. I've gotten the unsigned driver set up, and I'm running the 64-bit exe on Windows 10. It seems to start off fine, but it gets to "Error Cannot confirm P20" and ends up caught in an infinite loop where it opens the port (two beeps, as expected), initializes the serial connection, and errors out.
Try using a terminal emulator like realterm. Connect to the device. On my 4000flx, I get "Spaceball alive and well after a poweron reset" and a firmware version display. I then type "P20", press enter. If all goes well, "P20" gets echoed back. If you don't get these messages, you have a communication problem.
minhslayer

Re: SpaceBall 4000 + USB serial + 3dxWare 10

Post by minhslayer »

arpruss wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:13 am I've revised the code to work with the latest signed 0.3.6 dev usbip driver on Windows. Grab the latest zip file from here: https://github.com/arpruss/USB-Emulatio ... s/tag/0.10

Then start an administrator command prompt and run:

Code: Select all

3d -pCOMx
where COMx is your serial port.

It should automatically install the usbip driver, and then just work. Of course, "should" is the operative word.

(To be honest, I didn't actually test it with the official 3dx software, but just with my TinkerCAD Chrome extension.)
Hi apruss,

I do highly appreciate your effort to deliver the way to use this interesting device.
However, I followed what you guided but it didn't work, really unfortunately.
But I think that if you shared, it means you've already made it work.
So, could you please spend time to show the step-by-step guideline with pictures as illustrations for each step.

One more time, I am grateful for your contribution.