Space Navigator not working in Cinema 4D at all!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

gatedesigngroup

Space Navigator not working in Cinema 4D at all!

Post by gatedesigngroup »

Hi guys,

I have been using a Space navgiator with Cinema 4D without issues for some time on a PC. I recently convinced the company i work for to also get one for the Mac pro i work on and we receive dit today.

My problem is it won't work at all in any way with Cinema 4D. It is illuminated (blue light), and works with Photoshop. It just won't work in any way with Cinema, despite having the 3Dmouse dialogue box open and installing the drivers 3 times too.

Please can anyone help as it works perfectly on a PC with the very same version of Cinema (11.5).

Thanks,

gate
gatedesigngroup

Post by gatedesigngroup »

For anyone interested. It seems that there may be a problem with the latest drivers for Mac os. I have now managed to get my Space Navigator working using the 3dxwaremacSE-v1_5_8.dmg driver.

Neither the driver provided on the installation disc or the latest driver worked at all for me in Cinema 4D v11.5.

I am obviously just glad it works as I couldn't be without my space Navigator, but it may be an idea to contact 3Dconnexion if you have similar problems as it seems to be driver related.

Hope this topic helps anyone in a similar situation though,

gate
UtaSH

Re: Space Navigator not working in Cinema 4D at all!

Post by UtaSH »

gatedesigngroup wrote:... It just won't work in any way with Cinema, despite having the 3Dmouse dialogue box open and installing the drivers 3 times too.
Hi gatedesigngroup,

the support for the 3D mouse was integrated by Maxon. As far as I know the 3D mouse dialog box has to stay open to keep C4D supporting the 3D mouse.

Do you see a different behavior with a previous driver version ?? :?
Absattack

Post by Absattack »

gatedesigngroup wrote:For anyone interested. It seems that there may be a problem with the latest drivers for Mac os. I have now managed to get my Space Navigator working using the 3dxwaremacSE-v1_5_8.dmg driver.

Neither the driver provided on the installation disc or the latest driver worked at all for me in Cinema 4D v11.5.

I am obviously just glad it works as I couldn't be without my space Navigator, but it may be an idea to contact 3Dconnexion if you have similar problems as it seems to be driver related.

Hope this topic helps anyone in a similar situation though,

gate

Where can i get this version : 3dxwaremacSE-v1_5_8.dmg

Searched it everywhere!!!

Please help me, i just bought it for c4d r11.5 and can't get it to work :-/