Martin LightJockey Support

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

leipotje

Martin LightJockey Support

Post by leipotje »

Hi 3dconnexion,
I was wondering if you are thinking about adding support for the Martin Lightjockey (and maybe other proffesional light-show controller programs) program. It is a widely used program and has some very good possibilities, but i would love to see if i could control the movements and or other hotkeys/commands in the program by using my 3dconnexion spacenavigator mouse.

I hope it will be in there sometime.

regards,

M.B.
Bryan

Martin Lightjockey

Post by Bryan »

Dear leipotje,

We provide a free SDK, Software Development Kit, for developers to make it as easy as possible to include use of our input devices in their user interfaces. We welcome and encourage application developers to take advantage of the input from our devices to enhance their user interfaces.

If you know of, or can imagine ways to use our input devices that would be beneficial in the application, we encourage you to let that application's developers or their marketing department know of this added value. Encourage them to make changes in their next development cycle that you would find valuable.

We'd love to see the developers of Martin Lightjockey make use of the rich input available from our devices.

Sincerely,
Bryan G.
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )
leipotje

Post by leipotje »

hi Bryan,
Thanks for the quick reaction. Ill go try and see if i can get into touch with the developers from Martin LJ. I understand that the development edepartment from 3dconnexion would be overworked if they would accept al requests for developing this plug in for this or that program.

regards,

mb
Bryan

Martin Lightjockey Completely Controls their Development

Post by Bryan »

Dear leipotje,

It's not really the need for a plug-in. Most applications do not have a plug-in. It's simply a matter of including use of our device when they write the code for their application. It's not really a matter of us writing anything for their application, as we have no access to their development code. There no way for us to force our device on an application as they maintain complete control of their development process.

Sincerely,
Bryan
The more things change, the more they remain the same. ; ^ )