<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

marcore

Bind Type>Keyboard>Shift and Control

Post by marcore »

Hi Ced,

Is there a possibility to bind the shift and control keyboard entries on the 3DSN? I just can't seem to find those in the Bind panel :(.
Would be cool because those key entries are essential for zooming a .qtvr

btw, Your post has the most (12.644) views and counting!! I hope you'll get something in return man :wink:

Thank's, Marc

/WinXP sp2/
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

marcore wrote:Hi Ced,

Is there a possibility to bind the shift and control keyboard entries on the 3DSN? I just can't seem to find those in the Bind panel :(.
Would be cool because those key entries are essential for zooming a .qtvr
??

marcore wrote: btw, Your post has the most (12.644) views and counting!! I hope you'll get something in return man :wink:

Thank's, Marc

/WinXP sp2/
yes ... a big headache :wink:
marcore

Oops

Post by marcore »

:shock: :oops:, i was just looking for shift or control, not Left/Right control Left/Right shift, man i'm blind..

And huh , if you need something in return let us know!
Last edited by marcore on Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RBC9

Re: Oops

Post by RBC9 »

marcore wrote::shock: oops, i was just looking for shift or control, not Left/Right control Left/Right shift.
so am i when u ask for ... didnt remember how it was implement .. lol.
marcore wrote: And huh , if you need something in return let us know!
a "thx" is all i need ...

or some help if someone has time and knowledge in C++/C#.
I could share the source code and the debug / add feature / development could be faster .
ericgandt

SpacePilot driver installed, now what?

Post by ericgandt »

First off I followed your instructions, except that I selected Device
USB\VID_046D&PID_C625&REV_0312
USB\VID_046D&PID_C625

Which is the space pilot ID in a forum post. Next I installed your driver and all goes well, I now have the device listed as: RBC9 SpacePilot MousJoyKey v2 in device manager. However when I run the RBC9-SpaceNav software I get an error "SpaceNavigator Not Found".

The other problem is that the default Control Panel no longer works, no error or anything it just does not start at all. In Event viewer there are no error or messages, just nothing happening.

Checking the devices after a reboot, shows that HID now named "RBC9 SpacePilot MousJoyKey v2" is non-functional and there were no other (KeyBoard or Joystick device installed). This is on Vista which I assume should work as all the screen caps are from it.

Rolling back the driver install fixed the default controls by the way. I know the SpacePilot is still being tested, is this what it is expected to do, when installed?, or did I just lucky?

Thanks for your hard work, Also if you need some one to run a debug version or anything please let me know.
ERIC GANDT
Last edited by ericgandt on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
majeancad

Post by majeancad »

RBC9:

Could you please let me know how can I make the mouse pointer move in all direction using your driver and application?

I did try to create mouse X and Y layout; however, the pointer can be moved only in ±X or ±Y by switching between layout which is not convenient at all.

Many thanks.
ericgandt

Re: SpacePilot driver installed, now what?

Post by ericgandt »

First off I followed your instructions, except that I selected Device
USB\VID_046D&PID_C625&REV_0312
USB\VID_046D&PID_C625

Which is the space pilot ID in a forum post. Next I installed your driver and all goes well, I now have the device listed as: RBC9 SpacePilot MousJoyKey v2 in device manager. However when I run the RBC9-SpaceNav software I get an error "SpaceNavigator Not Found".

The other problem is that the default Control Panel no longer works, no error or anything it just does not start at all. In Event viewer there are no error or messages, just nothing happening.

Checking the devices after a reboot, shows that HID now named "RBC9 SpacePilot MousJoyKey v2" is non-functional and there were no other (KeyBoard or Joystick device installed). This is on Vista which I assume should work as all the screen caps are from it.

Rolling back the driver install fixed the default controls by the way. I know the SpacePilot is still being tested, is this what it is expected to do, when installed?, or did I just lucky?

One last stupid question, it would appear that the SpacePilot does not have any driver at all as it is using the default Microsoft "USB Human Interface Device", but from what you said
RBC9 wrote:"The original HID_Descriptor from SpaceNavigator is at 99% a Joystick one. "
, should it not have a device driver (I know your instructions seem to indicate that it does not), but this section had me confused.

Thanks for your hard work, Also if you need some one to run a debug version or anything please let me know.
ERIC GANDT
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

majeancad wrote:RBC9:

Could you please let me know how can I make the mouse pointer move in all direction using your driver and application?

I did try to create mouse X and Y layout; however, the pointer can be moved only in ±X or ±Y by switching between layout which is not convenient at all.

Many thanks.
u have to create one layout with ur 2 bind ... one axis for X and another for Y ... i don t understand where u should have prob.
RBC9

Re: SpacePilot driver installed, now what?

Post by RBC9 »

ericgandt wrote:
did u select ur device in the "Edit Layout" screen ?

btw , seems to be the same error "FadeToBlack" receive with his device.

I ve post a debug version and he send me back the log ... but i don t have check it yet. Asap.
ericgandt

Post by ericgandt »

I was never able to select a device in the "Edit Layout" screen as the driver was not loaded and I got an error telling me so when I went to open it.

Also you say that the driver is 99% a joysick driver, does this mean I could force load a hid joystick driver for this device?

Thanks again,
ERIC
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

ericgandt wrote:I was never able to select a device in the "Edit Layout" screen as the driver was not loaded and I got an error telling me so when I went to open it.

Also you say that the driver is 99% a joysick driver, does this mean I could force load a hid joystick driver for this device?

Thanks again,
ERIC
Nope , Windows saw it as a Customer Device , the HID Descriptor is near the joystick type ... but not equal .... so .. for the OS ... no hope.

Could u test the version i ve post in prev page for FadeToBlack user , and send me back the log ... maybe i could find the prob with 2 logs ...
psychobyte

Post by psychobyte »

psychobyte wrote:

by the way. thank you so much for this driver. exactly what i needed some things you might consider in further releases:

- posibility to mark more than one entry in the "bind to" window and the option to cut (if you want to switch compelx bind settings between axes or different layouts)

i don t really understand , could u explain plz.
u can have multiple bind on one axis , with range where it should run or not ..

what i meant was..... :

when i've created a layout with several bindings for one axis. let's say 3 different sensitivities for each side of the axis. now if i want to delete or copy/paste them i've to selcet each single bind, right klick, del or copy...

so i'd be cool to shift-select, in this case, all six of them and perform actions like del, copy/paste and hopefully cut, on one klick.

i hope i made my self clear this time :)
Scott T

Any Luck on the Space Pilot Driver?

Post by Scott T »

Cedric

Any Luck on the Space Pilot Driver? I have tired to install it also and have I had the same results.

I am running xp pro sp2 USA version

Here is how I tried to install Driver

1. Uninstall 3dconnexion software and drivers
2. Uninstall RBC9 Software and Drivers
3. Check Driver and INF folder to make sure RBC9 Driver is removed
4. Reboot Computer
5. Install RBC software by double clicking on RBC9 - SpaceNav.msi file
6. Plug in Space Pilot
7. Go to Device Manager
8. Update Driver by selecting device usb Human Interface Device with id USB\VID_046D&PID_C625\5&30BFDA7F&0&2

9. Select RBC9 Spacepilot mousjoykey v2 from list
10. Installation hangs on HID.dll you have to touch spacepilot to get it to stop install
11. Device gives error code 10 and shuts off
12. Open RBC9 software gives error indicating space pilot not found

No mouse or joystick are ever created in device manager.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just not working yet.

Thank You for your efforts on this to date.
Scott T
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

Hi Scott,

the problem is in the driver

ericgandt and FadeToBlack have the same issue.

I m on it , i think i ve point the prob but not yet found the solution.
motolljo

Post by motolljo »

hi everybody
im pretty new to the community and jsut own my space navigator for some weeks ut im very interested in this driver for windows to use it a a gamecontroller or whatever.
the problem is that im using Vista buisnes x64 and that the driver that are avaible atm are not workin for it.

so i wondered if anyone here knows a solution or even if there are new updated drivers for the 64bit version.

i read through everything and searched nearly everywhere but i cant find anything.

so if anyone can help pls let me know