Catia, Compass, help...

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dragonwgn

Catia, Compass, help...

Post by dragonwgn »

Hello all. New here. Been searching for a couple of days and cant find a solution. Heres the issue:

When I move the compass off the global position to a part, my Spacenavigator PE treats the compass as the rotation point to move the part about. I dont want that. I still want to nav about globally and use the compass geometry to move the part using my mouse. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

JC
UtaSH

Re: Catia, Compass, help...

Post by UtaSH »

Hi dragonwgn,

I don't think that this is possible. The movements within Catia can not be handled differently for the standard mouse and the 3D mouse.

But you could ask the Catia support people. They might have a solution for you. In case you get some interesting information it would be nice if you post it here, thus it could help other users, too.
dragonwgn

Post by dragonwgn »

They are being handled differently. When I move the compass off global, the 3D mouse moves the compass whereas the standard mouse still moves globally, unless the compass is engaged directly with the standard mouse. Either way, its a big issue. I have several coworkers with the same issue. I will be a hero if I can find the fix for this.
Spacenavigator PE, Catia V5, Vista.