IMVU support driver

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

HeZoR

IMVU support driver

Post by HeZoR »

Hi, is it in your plans, supporting this 3d messenger?

I've tried RBC9 on my spacepilot but it is awkward in control, and that didn't work nice with the driver.

It looks like second life, hopefully a lineage support could be made like that too.
Bryan

IMVU

Post by Bryan »

Dear HeZoR,

It would be up to the IMVU developers to decide to include use of our devices in their application. If you think there would be value added for them to include use of our device in their application, please share with them what features you would like to see. We provide a free application programming interface for them to take advantage of our devices.

Sincerely,
Bryan
HeZoR

Post by HeZoR »

Thanks, I've already shared my opinion with them.
I liked the RBC9 driver and use it as an alternative for now.
Question: does the spacepilot pro have any incompatibility issues with the driver?
Can I have both spacepilot and spacepilot pro running at the same time, in the same application, like moving objects and scenery in 3D?
Bryan

RBC9 & SpacePilot PRO

Post by Bryan »

Dear HeZoR,

The RBC9 driver is the property of an individual user and is not anything we support in any way. As for compatibility with the SpacePilot Pro, that would be strickly between you and that individual user.

Only one device is used at a time.

Sincerely,
Bryan
HeZoR

Post by HeZoR »

I appreciate your help.
Owning a Spacepilot, I want to upgrade to a SpacePilot Pro.
As for compatibility, I assume that you mean SP Pro cannot be used with third party software drivers, but is compatible with the list of all supported applications.
It is a new product that should be a great replacement of SP.
Bryan

RBC9 & SpacePilot PRO

Post by Bryan »

Dear HeZoR,

That's correct. I was talking about the compatibility with a third party driver. The SpacePilot Pro would continue supporting our listing of applications that make use of our devices using our 3DxSoftware Driver Suite.

Sincerely,
Bryan