SpacePilot/Space Explorer - Inventor 2010 jerky/hang

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bstunder

SpacePilot/Space Explorer - Inventor 2010 jerky/hang

Post by bstunder »

version 1.4.2 for Inventor. I did a complete un-install, reboot and new install. If I move the "puck" to far, it seems to hang-up and is jerky. I have tried with both Pilot and Explorer. No problems using the "F" keys with jerky pan, rotate and zoom.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Were currently working on a plugin for Autocad 2010.
I donot have a date frame on when it will be released at this time.
bstunder

Post by bstunder »

I have switched the user interface for Inventor 2010 back to the "Classic" user interface and the problem has corrected it self. When I switch back to the new interface, the problem starts again.
RonnyM82

Post by RonnyM82 »

bstunder wrote:I have switched the user interface for Inventor 2010 back to the "Classic" user interface and the problem has corrected it self. When I switch back to the new interface, the problem starts again.
Thats interesting, i noticed this problem as soon as i tried it out in 2010 after playing with it initally in 2009. I suspect its an inventor problem that will need to be fixed by autodesk.
Charly Setter

Post by Charly Setter »

RonnyM82 wrote:
bstunder wrote: I suspect its an inventor problem that will need to be fixed by autodesk.
Looking at the feedback on our german "Inventor".Forum @ cad.de there are some more issues apparently connected to the new UI.

I think You should wait at least until SP1 is released. Or switch the new UI of

BTW: There´s a "2010" on the box. So normally there are 8 months left until this release is valid :D
German Inventor Newsgroup powered by CAD.de
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Hi bstunder,

I currently try to reproduce the issue you described - but without success.
Does this also happen with small parts? Until now I see no performance difference between Classic UI and Ribbon UI together with a 3D mouse.
Robert Stadie
jbblevin

Inventor / Spacepilot Jerky and Hangs

Post by jbblevin »

Spacepilot becomes jerky and hangs with inventor 2010. If I click on windows bottom tray on the desktop the spacepilot works fine again until I select or scroll / zoom inside inventor using the mouse. At this point it hangs again.

FIXED IT!!! The spacepilot mouse is working properly now. I started getting thermal events to where the machine finally shut down while I was using it. I cracked the case blew it out with can air and sure enough it works now. Both the GPU and CPU fans were almost completely clogged with dust. Preventative maintenance is a good thing- wish I would have known to do this two months ago!! Pass on the word!!!
jbblevin

Re: SpacePilot/Space Explorer - Inventor 2010 jerky/hang

Post by jbblevin »

bstunder wrote:version 1.4.2 for Inventor. I did a complete un-install, reboot and new install. If I move the "puck" to far, it seems to hang-up and is jerky. I have tried with both Pilot and Explorer. No problems using the "F" keys with jerky pan, rotate and zoom.
I was having the same problem. FIXED IT!!! I started getting thermal events to where the machine finally shut down while I was using it. I cracked the case blew it out with can air and sure enough it works now. Both the GPU and CPU fans were almost completely clogged with dust. Preventative maintenance is a good thing- wish I would have known to do this two months ago!!