IE 6 plugin Autodesk MapGuide ActiveX

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

LarryLuke

IE 6 plugin Autodesk MapGuide ActiveX

Post by LarryLuke »

Hello,

At work we use IE6.0 to run an online mapping program that uses the plugin - Autodesk Mapguide Viewer ActiveX.

Does anyone have a clue as to how I can get my Space Pilot to work with IE6?

How hard is it to write my own driver?
at&t
Fred

Post by Fred »

Is your place of employment using the Office plugin?
If you still have Windows XP you can try installing the office plugin located in our driver download, archive (Legacy plugin folder.

No guarentee it will do what you want but worth a try.
Otherwise ask Work if you can a copy of there driver they made to use from home.
LarryLuke

working with internet based programs

Post by LarryLuke »

I am the only person at work to use one of these 3d devices. Therfore this is all new territory. If I can make good use of this thing and my boss likes it we may purchase a lot more. If my efforts fail, that would make mine the ONLY one here.

Thanks for the advice; I will search the archives now and try to download some usable programs.

I know now a lot more than I did before; now I realize that the individual programs themselves have to have something to make this unit work. When I purchased it I "assumed" there was a 'universal' driver that would be installed into XP (much like a mouse, printer, or other driver). So it would work in some fashion with all programs.

At this time all I want it to do is move my screen up and down and zoom in and out.
at&t