Is the blue circle light dangerous for the eyes ?

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Bond22

Is the blue circle light dangerous for the eyes ?

Post by Bond22 »

Hi,

Does the base blue circle light in the 3Dconnexion dangerous for the eye ? I know every light is dangerous for the eye...But the normal optical mouse, the optical light bright the table...

The blue light in the 3Dconnexion is in front of your face... It's okay to stare at it accidentally for like 30 seconds ?
JeronCoolman

Post by JeronCoolman »

What do you mean by "3dconnexion"?

Are you referring to one of their products like the SpacePilot or SpaceExplorer because 3dconnexion is the company.

I have a SpacePilot and the only thing I can think of that you are talking about is the blue light that circles the base of the knob? If that is what you are talking about, it doesn't seem like it would damage my eyes.

Although I'm usually looking at the computer screen and not the SpacePilot though.
Bond22

Post by Bond22 »

Thanks for answering me quickly.

Yea I think we talk about the same thing even if our product is different.

I am talking about the space navigator

http://www.3dconnexion.com/3dmouse/spacenavigator.php

The blue light is visible in front of us not like the red light of the optical mouse, so sometime it catch my attention especially the first time I use this 3D mouse.
Patch

Post by Patch »

Although I wouldn't pick the controller up and put it up to my eye for extended periods of time, the light is from a simple LED and will not hurt your eyes by just looking at it, under normal conditions.