Space Navigator Not Working In SketchUp

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Moore-D

Space Navigator Not Working In SketchUp

Post by Moore-D »

I have had my Space Navigator for approx 6 months now. I use it every day with AutoCad 2007, AutoCad 2008, Inventor etc..
When I first got it I tried it on SketchUp, but it didn't work at all. I just figured I didn't have it set-up properly, and I would take the time to do it later. We'll today was that "later" and of course it still does not work.
I went through the archives on this forum and couldn't find a solution that works for me yet. In SketchUp, there is no 3DEx toolbar like there is in AutoCad. I have tried to find the toolbar in the drop down menus, with no luck. I have gone through both of the help menus in SketchUp and of course the help files on 3DConnexion. I cannot seem to find what I have done wrong (or not done at all).

Here is the specs of what I am running with:
Google SketchUp 6.4.112
Space Navigator PE
3DxSoftwarePE_v3-6-8 Driver (newest)

Dell Workstation Vostro 200
Intel Core 2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40Ghz
3GB RAM
Nivdia GeForce 8300GS
Bought last year July 2007

This morning I checked my drivers and found out that there was a newer version. Downloaded & installed it and went through the Configuration Wizard. I thought this might help, but it didn't. I read through the Help and ReadMe file from the "3DConnexion Extension for SketchUp" in the Start Menu.
Is there something else that I need to do to have it work in SketchUp?
Please Help!!!!
Thanks in advance
Moore-D
Fred

Post by Fred »

With Sketchup open click on
Window
Preferences
Extensions
Is 3dxsketchup unchecked?

When you complete the installation of 3DxSoftware, the 3DxSketchUp Extension will load a splash screen when SketchUp is opened.

A toolbar will also load to the SketchUp interface. If for some unlikely reason the toolbar does not load, select View --> Toolbars --> 3DxSketchUp. If 3DxSketchUp is not listed, then the software did not install properly. Please reinstall 3DxSoftware.

Make sure Sketchup and all other running applicatios are closed before reinstalling the 3DXware driver.
Moore-D

Post by Moore-D »

Thank you for your promt reply Fred,
Under: Window/Preferences/Extensions/ there is only the following:
Ruby Script Examples
Utilities Tools
Sandbox Tools
No box for 3DxSketchUp.

I don't see a splash screen when SketchUp loads, however I do see the splash screen in the other programs I use the Navigator for - AutoCad, Google Earth, etc....

Under: View/Toolbars/ there is no 3DxSketchUp listed.
So, just like you noted, it has not installed correctly.
Should I un-install, and then re-install from the disc I received with my hardware? Or does the newer driver install from the 3DConnexion contain all of the files that I need to do a clean install?

Do you think that I should re-install SketchUp? I ask that only because the Navigator works great for all of my other programs.
Again, thank you for your help,
Moore-D
Fred

Post by Fred »

Download the latest driver from our website.
Save it to your pc then run the installation.
Moore-D

Post by Moore-D »

Fred:
I re-installed the driver software with no luck.
I then uninstalled the app totally, and re-installed it from the ground up.
I was quite happy that when I re-booted and started SketchUp, the first thing that popped up was the splash screen for 3DxSketchUp!
Everything works as it should now, and I am very pleased.

Thank you so much for your quick help, I really appreciate it.
Moore-D
trynnity

Post by trynnity »

Try an older version, friend told me tath work in SkatckUp 5
richdtt

same problem except with new version 7

Post by richdtt »

apparently they just released version 7 for SketchUp. and well...it doesn't work. will there be a new driver soon or something that will make this work?

thanks.
jtweedie

having same problem

Post by jtweedie »

Yes I too are having the same problem in Sup 7.
It all work well in 6 and then not in 7, had to run 7 as there was a bug in 6 with what i was doing, but now no left hand mouse, badly missed.
Will go back to 6 until driver available.
please advise?
kalu

Sketchup 7 Need a new driver, don't work...

Post by kalu »

Hi, I am in the same boat with Sketchup 7 and dosen't work, can you send news about when you will have the driver done????

Thanks. :(
kalu

Post by kalu »

We continue waiting for a response......????????? No answers???

We need to get a response so we decide if we take long to uninstall the soft and back again to the Sketchup 6....

So?????... :(
Fred

Post by Fred »

Window
Preferences
Extensions
Is 3dxsketchup unchecked

Follow the above instructions,
I have 7 installed and the current driver and it works fine.
kalu

Post by kalu »

still not work... :(
Fred

Post by Fred »

What OS and exact version number are you using for Sketchup?

p.s im also the same person replying to your email.
kalu

Post by kalu »

Ok, Windows Vista 32 Ultimate and SketchUp.Pro.v7.0.8657, I uninstall all and install again and nothing 3 times already. I do that in 2 diferent machines and nothing. I still have the same problem.

I think would be good to have a release version that work specialty on Sketchup 7, not just compatible.

Thanks.
kalu

Post by kalu »

kalu wrote:Ok, Windows Vista 32 Ultimate and SketchUp.Pro.v7.0.8657, I uninstall all and install again and nothing 3 times already. I do that in 2 diferent machines and nothing. I still have the same problem.

I think would be good to have a release version that work specialty on Sketchup 7, not just compatible.

Thanks.
Also they give an error now dirng the install error 1610 code on sketchup...So I have no Idea....