spwini.dll and siappdll.dll doesn't install on my computer

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

SOLIDWORKSUSR

spwini.dll and siappdll.dll doesn't install on my computer

Post by SOLIDWORKSUSR »

I have tried to install the software for my SpaceNavigator 10 times and all were clean intalls. I tried installing in Safe Mode, I updated my windows installer. But everytime I try to use the software it gives me an error that it cannot find spwini.dll. I installed it on another computer it worked, but everytime I install it spwini.dll isn't anywhere on my computer. Please help!!!!!!![/b]
Alex
Fred

Post by Fred »

Please make sure siappdll.dll &spwini.dll are deleted during an uninstall (Windows\System32).

If they are not deleted this is probably because your registry is messed up. There are some registry entries that control the usage count of DLLs on the system.
If a usage count is greater than 0, this means the DLL is still being used by some process and it should not be deleted. This count can get messed up if people delete DLLs manually. The usage count for each DLL is in:

HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/SharedDLLs

Please check the usage count for siappdll.dll and spwini.dll. You can edit the usage count value to make it 0 to return to the clean install state-then delete the DLL(s) manually. After this please reinstall 3DxSoftware - our installer should copy the required dlls to
/Windows/System32 and register them.
SOLIDWORKSUSR

The 'The siappdll.dll & spwini.dll files do NOT exist

Post by SOLIDWORKSUSR »

'The siappdll.dll & spwini.dll files do NOT exist (as I said in my last post) on my computer they are not getting installed during the set-up process so there are not any registry files to check.
Alex
jwick

Post by jwick »

Just copy the files siappdll.dll and spwini.dll from the other machine into your Windows/System32 directory.