Help me please!

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

bityyp

Help me please!

Post by bityyp »

Hi everybody!

I would like to use the Direct Input Example from a prompt, and only read the coordinates of two Space Mouse, without showing them in a GUI.(I only need the data for translation 、rotation and the information of the keys) .

I need of their coordinates to use in the other application. My application is that use two Space Mouse to drive two virtual hands.And the platform is visual C++ 6.0 and use MFC.

Anybody could help me or give me some advice?

Thank you so much!
jwick

Post by jwick »

If you don't have a message loop, HID provides the easiest way to read the raw data from multiple devices. See our HID example code.
bityyp

Post by bityyp »

Thank you!

I think I need a message loop.Because I need get the data from the Space Mouse in real time.
jwick

Post by jwick »

When we say message loop, we mean a Windows GetMessage/TranslateMessage/DispatchMessage loop. You said you wanted to run from a command prompt. Either way can work. You can use any of the APIs from a command prompt. Typically when people say "command prompt" they just don't want a window to pop up. You don't necessarily have to show your window to get events to it. Still, HID is the most straightforward way to handle multiple devices in this case.
bityyp

Post by bityyp »

Thank you so much.