Help

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

bityyp

Help

Post by bityyp »

Hi, everyone

I would like to use the function SiGetDeviceID(SiHD1 hd1) to get the ID of my SpaceMouse,but I can't find the function in siapp.h.but I find SiGetDeviceID(SiHD1 hd1) int he SDK guide.How can I resolve this problem?

Another,I want use two SpaceMouse to drive two virtual hands.Anybody who can give me some suggestion? how can I differentiate the two same SpaceMouse in my application?

Thank you very much!
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi bityyp,

There is currently no way to differentiate between data from more than one device with the current driver. The best way to support this, currently, is to use RawInput or HID.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
bityyp

Post by bityyp »

Hi jwick
Thanks!

what is your meaning "to use RawInput or HID"? which kind devic can I use?Please give me some suggestion.

Thanks again!
jwick

Post by jwick »

Any of our USB devices can be used with several other APIs rather than the APIs that we wrote. HID is a standard API that can be used without having to have an open window. RawInput is another API from Microsoft that works well with multiple devices, but requires a MessageLoop. See the examples provided on this forum.
bityyp

Post by bityyp »

Thanks very much!
bityyp

Post by bityyp »

Hi jwick

my application is based on Vvc6.0 and MFC.how can I find examples,or would you give me some advice.

thanks so so much! :)
jwick

Post by jwick »

The first 4 topics of this forum are all examples:

viewforum.php?f=19

You can also search the web for examples of programming to USB/HID devices.