disgruntled at your practices

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ash

disgruntled at your practices

Post by ash »

I got the SpaceNavigator as part of a purchase I made late last fall. I have been swamped and just got around to installing it. I just opened the box. I install the software and it says I need to pay another $40 dollars to use the product ?! What kind of BS is that ?

What exactly is licensed, the software or the hardware ?
If it is the software, can I use the 3rd party driver instead ?
I run a small home office and I do design and animation, but I am expected to pay the same as a big company like Boeing...

I don't like the way you do business. Not only are you money hungry and use unconscionable practices against consumers, but you provide drivers counter the standards of the industry. You expect other companies or the consumer to create support for your product, and give run around answers to people. You say that you will do what the customer base asks, but they have asked time and time again for a generic cross application driver. You skirt this and say there is something special about your product, there isn't.

Not only that, but you censor and delete post that may show some comparisons to other products, and that makes you cowards.

I think you are a disreputable company with bad practices. I had considered asking about or just using the 3rd party driver for my somewhat commercial work. After reading these boards and the way you respond to your users, I don't think I want to.

Who do I mail this thing back to ?
What address ?

I want my money back, I don't think I will not buy your products in the future, and I may be boycotting your parent company as well. You should not be allowed to do business as you are.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi ash,

For an explanation of the differences between a "Personal Edition" and a "Standard Edition" of your hardware, please refer to this Knowledge Base article. The hardware is the same, there are only different levels of support (PE is limited to web site documention, Knowledge Base and Forum).

Both editions can be used with all application supporting 3Dconnexion's range of 3D mice.

The price differentiation allows you to purchase the level-of-service that you require. If later you believe you need professional technical support by phone or email, then we ask you to upgrade to a "Standard Edition".

The 3Dconnexion Forum is "managed". This means that 3Dconnexion employees follow it very closely and actively contribute. It is a public forum and, as such, anyone can participate in discussions.

We regret any inconvenience that the differentiation between SpaceNavigator editions may have caused. We'd to stress that no limitations exist in terms of application support.
Nuno Gomes