Spaceball 5000 serial, Reversing axises

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

merrin

Spaceball 5000 serial, Reversing axises

Post by merrin »

I have got an old spaceball 5000 serial for at my home, but i am used to work with reversed zoom and translation... is there any possibility to do this with the 'newest' driver for this?

thx

M
jwick

Post by jwick »

The current drivers do not support serial devices. The last driver that works with serial devices can be downloaded from the web site.

In that driver, you can switch the directions on the axes only by editing the config file for your application. If you find the AXIS_MAP_HRZ_USER entry in the config file for your application, you can change the direction of the axes by changing the case of the letters. For example, changing XYZRUV to xyzruv will reverse each and every axis.
Last edited by jwick on Tue May 06, 2008 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
merrin

Post by merrin »

Where can i find this driver config file?
jwick

Post by jwick »

The default config files for your applications are in (for an english system) C:\Program files\3dconnexion\3dconnexion 3DxSoftware\3DxWare\en_us\profiles\default. Once you make changes, the changes are saved in %appdata%\3dconnexion\3dxware\profiles.