How to add support for my application ?

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

hsundar

How to add support for my application ?

Post by hsundar »

Hi,

I just got a SpaceNavigator SE and am trying to add 3D support for my application, and I must say I am very disappointed with the documentation.

I think it is impossible for anyone to use the API based on the documentation, without breaking ones head with the examples. Chapters 7, which is where the information should have been is clearly incomplete.

I do not have a stdafx.h header in my application. How am I to go about adding support ?

Is there any documentation available anywhere ?

thanks,
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi hsundar,

Did you look here?
Nuno Gomes
hsundar

Post by hsundar »

Hi,

Did you read my mail ?

Exactly what am I to look at in the link that you sent ? That is where I downloaded the documentation which I was complaining about.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi hsundar,

Sorry about the misunderstanding. I thought you could not find examples. I see that you did mention that you have them.

3DxInput is a COM server and chapter 7 makes some remarks on the use that technology on different environments.

Chapter 6 explains what to do with the 3D data once you receive it in your application. It also explain what that 3D data is.

The examples are the best way of explaining how to transport the 3D data into your application.

(Topic is moved to the "Developer's Forum for Windows".)