As a Helicopter flight control device...

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

alexus

Post by alexus »

oh wait, do you want space navigator to be connected directly to the board without PC involved? If so then we need controller that support the drivers of spacenavigator, thats a bit more complex since I love PC to controll robots...

Did i get you right?
alexus

Post by alexus »

Alright, where did that guy go? I was so exited about the new "toy" idea so i ordered the parts, and will have some videos soon wehn they arived... i hope i get servos here by Friday =)
alexus

Post by alexus »

Ok Here you go yje first vide of Pan Tilt Robo Arm with camera, controlled by Space Pilot =)
I hpe i can put YouTube in here.
It is rough 10 min programing so we still shaking and we dont have acceleration controll and only aone axis is used... later will make it perfect...

now lets see how video will work

Well it seams that YouTube doesnt work in here so you gotta go here manually: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKXOpKjb4qE

<<object><param></param><embed></embed></object>
Long Range Communications, Inc
If you think it is impossible to be done, please don’t bother those who are already doing it…
jwick

Post by jwick »

Very cool. Maybe you have a good side business there.
alexus

Post by alexus »

I didn't really get what yu ment by side business but if 3D Nonnecion wants to partner up with me i can do some more cool projects ;-)

Also I have updated the software so now we can controll the camera robo arm much smoother and in full X. Y axis ...

I still want to improove the controll algorithm to make it more effective. (Although i'm alredy falling for the idea to link it with video recognition and make it follow my arm on the video)

Any way here is the foto update and videos will come shortly:

Oh yes, I think its time to start new form, and not nessesary in dev section, what do you admins think?

On the schedule:
1. Fix servos to reduse shaking
2. replace camera with HD sensor
3. Make video showing how the mounted camera works
4. Improove controll algorithms
5. Buy new HDD and reinstall windows to increase software speed
6. Add video recognition support to grab the objects and follow them automatically
7. Sell it to the military folks :-)
If you think it is impossible to be done, please don’t bother those who are already doing it…
jwick

Post by jwick »

Feel free to start a new topic for this.

My comment about a side business was to suggest that you could sell your interface.

I'd also look into controlling a PanTiltZoom camera for a home security system. If you could control that over the net to see what was happening in and around your house while you were out, now that would be cool. I'd imagine that you'd have a product there.
alexus

Post by alexus »

To controll this thingie through the net is easy (well lets put this way its doable with 2-7 hours of work) but at this moment i'm not sure if I want to do tha peace of software ... maybe when i move to new place (or some one would pay me $600-900 i could install one on the rool and let ppl on this forum to play around with the toy over the net) :-)

As to making the board comerrcially avalible at this moment for home users (with servos and camera) it may go up to $400, maybe still cheaper then Sony Pan Tilt but I think D-Link camera goes in the same price range, sure D-Link doesnt support SpaceNavigator and it is not as scalable as this one (after all I can add all you can think off to this board, we can even controll dimmer in the house with same Spacenavigator joystic)

Well its kinda cool toy... if I will be able to do the same on linux i will attache the thinge to my airplane and will use it for aeral photography :-)
alexus

Post by alexus »

ok I have started new public forum post and also have posted DAY2 photos and videos there

now toy works much better, in the video you can see it from outside and from mounted x=camera view.

Here is the link to new post:
viewtopic.php?t=2223