Cannot find TDxInput - using latest 3DxSoftware

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

Dakndak

Cannot find TDxInput - using latest 3DxSoftware

Post by Dakndak »

- On WinXP using SpaceNavigator SE -

Hi,

I am just trying to compile the demos from the SDK and MSVC is complaining that it cannot find the TDxInput:

fatal error importing progid: 'TDxInput.Device'

I read the newsgroups & found that I could just copy the TDxInput.dll into the project, but I cannot find the dll.

I've installed the latest 3DxSoftware v3.3.6, and searched both the WINDOWS dir and the Program Files dir... no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi Dakndak,

TDxInput.dll should be in a Win32 or Win64 subdirectory under the 3DxWare directory. You need to have a relatively recent version of the driver.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
Dakndak

Re: Cannot find TDxInput - using latest 3DxSoftware

Post by Dakndak »

Solution found:

The installer had problems installing because "My Documents" is mapped to a network drive (corporate thing). It did not report that it didn't actually install the software successfully.

I went into modify the installation, noticed that 3DxWare was not checked, I checked it, and installed & it worked fine.

A simple way to verify is to check the Start:Programs:3DConnexion directory -- demo apps and "Start Driver", etc. files should be in it.
ngomes

Re: Cannot find TDxInput - using latest 3DxSoftware

Post by ngomes »

Hi Dakndak,
The installer had problems installing because "My Documents" is mapped to a network drive (corporate thing). It did not report that it didn't actually install the software successfully.
I do not think "My Documents" is relevant. If 3DxWare is not selected to be installed, then the interface will be unavailable.
By design, the only way 3DxWare could be unchecked is if the user manually deselected it during the installation interview. Anything else is a bug that needs resolving.
Nuno Gomes
emanuele.russo

Invalid ProgID on a different account

Post by emanuele.russo »

Hello,
I've a similar problem, in Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 . It happens whenever I try to compile in Visual Studio something that imports TDXInput.Device : if I log in with the same account where I first installed the 3dConnexion it works, but as I access as a different user on the same PC I get the error C3500 Invalid ProgId TDxInput.Device.1

Both the users have administrator privileges. I think it is a registry problem, but I'm not very expert in registry hacking, so can you help me???

Thanks in advance,
Emanuele
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi emanuele.russo,

Please see here. Do check the doc for the "import" directive: you can use the path to the TDxInput DLL file.