Support for Intergraph Smart Plant Review (SPR)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

banzaitoyota

Post by banzaitoyota »

Getting the Catch 22 Run around here, spend $$$ on an interface device that wont function with the software application. Call the interface device tech line, get told to contact the software tech; who in turns tells me:

"The best option on this issue would be to open a service request with the vendor asking them to add certification and support for SPR in their hardware driver."

Meanwhile I'm stuck with an expensive paperweight............... :cry:
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Dear banzaitoyota

The answer of the software tech line was not what I would expect:

3Dconnexion can't add support in third-party software products because hasn't access to their code (I suppose that SPR is not an open-source project).

On the other hand 3Dconnexion has partnerships with some software companies as Dassault (Catia), Autodesk (AutoCAD, Inventor, 3D Studio Max, Maya), UGS (NX series), SolidWorks and so on; the main products (they are some exceptions) supporting the 3D mice. Unfortunately 3Dconnexion hasn't any partnership with Intergraph yet.

I would like to ask contacting the software tech line of Intergraph and ask them to add support: the customer wishes are still valuable for companies as Intergraph.
agoenczi
Juicegoose

Post by Juicegoose »

So I too use Intergraph software in my office and got the same run around9on top of my other software issue(see autocad 2006 post) i open smart plant review(after being told by a sales rep when i ordered this 400 dollar paperweight that it would work)low and behold it doesn't and i read in here that it's not supported WAHHHH!!!!
banzaitoyota

Post by banzaitoyota »

We cant be the only 2 people in the world who want to use this with Intergraph/Microstation
Juicegoose

Post by Juicegoose »

I noticed there is a legacy patch for microstation but i wouldn't imagine it would work with spr. Like i stated in my other post Dissapointed would be an understatement. First a lie from the salesman i spoke with regarding intergraph support and second a huge freakin glitch in how the software runs. I must be the only one that zooms using the lateral movement and the only one with use to the zoom only and pan only quick commands. AMAZING!!
JohnH

Re: Support for Intergraph Smart Plant Review (SPR)

Post by JohnH »

Chiming in to increase the demand. I've started to use Intergraph's SmartPlant Review and SP3D lately and truly wish that I could use my Navigator with it.
banzaitoyota

Post by banzaitoyota »

I have removed this paperweight from my system.........
thinkdigit

Post by thinkdigit »

Hello! Joined this forum before making a Spacemouse Purchase. To prevent RSI injury to the fingers as well as to speed up the workflow by reducing the no. of mouse clicks and keystrokes and distributing the clicking and scrolling functions to both hands, I was looking forward to investing in the Spacemouse. The software in which I spend most of my time are Smart Plant Review (currently Intergraph Smart Review) & Navisworks Freedom. As I am new to the software as well as to the Spacemouse, I would like to know from experienced users here whether 3D Connexion Spacemouse is compatible with Intergraph Smart Review. Any help will be appreciated.

From the Smart Review Help page, it is mentioned that support has been added for 3D mouse since version 2018. Refer Below excerpt:
https://docs.hexagonppm.com/r/en-US/Int ... 3.0/917650
Workstation
Hardware Recommendations

Intel Core i7 Processor or equivalent

Minimum 8 GB RAM; 16 GB RAM or more recommended

DVD drive access, either locally or through a network connection

Monitor capable of a minimum of 1024 x 768 Resolution

A workstation class graphics card designed for 3D intensive, OpenGL-based, 3D-CAD applications

(Optional) Smart Review supports 3D Stereo. Consult the documentation that came with your hardware to make sure it supports 3D stereo.

(Optional) Digital joystick

(Optional) Smart Review supports a 3D mouse (wired and wireless). Consult the documentation that came with your mouse for installation and motion configuration.]