Catia V4 button code list (Unix)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on UNIX and Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

mark876543

Catia V4 button code list (Unix)

Post by mark876543 »

I used to have a list of codes a long time ago but now that I moved to a new company and am starting over with new equipment, I can't find it. The documentation for my new Space Pilot (on Unix Workstation) is pretty lacking and has nothing specific to Catia. The codes are the main trick to programming the buttons and it's hard to find a list.

The main one I'm interested in knowing is for changing the 3d center of rotation to selected geometry. The manual way is F4, 3d, etc. For yers I had a spaceball 400 button programmed to do same thing.

Can someone post the code list for V4? Thanks
UtaSH

Re: Catia V4 button code list (Unix)

Post by UtaSH »

Hi mark876543,

in the current driver you still have a list of mappings for the buttons in Catia V4. Go to the tab Button Mapping and select the button you want to map. A menu will open which lists the available commands for the current configuration.

Unfortunately I am not that familiar with Catia V4, so I am not sure if I can help you with that specific command. To set a new center of rotation you should just press button 4 in the default configuration (CATIA V4). It is labeled Set Rotation Point.

To save changes, select Save and enter a new name for the new configuration.

In the Unix driver years ago there was a possibility to map more functions like 2D/3D. This possibility isn't available any more. :(

There is a small help text available if you press the button Help. There you can find a description how to create your own macro. A macro can be a keyboard sequence that launches a command within Catia.

Hope this helps.

Uta Ludwig
3Dconnexion