configuring spacepilot for other apps (eg. illustrator)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

kurzonmorris

configuring spacepilot for other apps (eg. illustrator)

Post by kurzonmorris »

Hi.

I recently purchased a spacepilot. I'm absurlutly loving it. Helps me tones with my moddeling.

My question is. Can you configure it so that the panning controler can be used with other programs, like illustrator, publisher other non standadised configurations?

hope that makes sense

kurzon
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hello kurzonmorris:

Thank you for your feedback!

We don't offer an interface to do what you are suggesting at this time. We will note the request.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
kurzonmorris

Post by kurzonmorris »

ok np thanks.

look forward to seeing future updates.
barney

Post by barney »

is there any progress in any kind of update/patch for illustrator

J.
Subw00er

Post by Subw00er »

I want this too.

I cant see why you dont write in the ability to map the knob and buttons to specific keystrokes for other apps. This is how the Griffin Powermate works- its great and application independent, or application dependent.
chrisman

No APP support

Post by chrisman »

Just for the record - my Space Traveler is almost 2 years forgotten in the closet among other useless stuff, because I DID get TIRED of waiting 3DConnexion to support more creative applications !!!

Bottom line - If you want this product to be the way you like it... Stop buying it - this way either 3DConnexion will go out of business or eventually will spend more time of doing what actually users want !!!
----------------------
Live while you live!
InterestedAnimator

Re: No APP support

Post by InterestedAnimator »

chrisman wrote:Just for the record - my Space Traveler is almost 2 years forgotten in the closet among other useless stuff, because I DID get TIRED of waiting 3DConnexion to support more creative applications !!!

Bottom line - If you want this product to be the way you like it... Stop buying it - this way either 3DConnexion will go out of business or eventually will spend more time of doing what actually users want !!!
'applaud'
Subw00er

Post by Subw00er »

This is a little annoying. I mean, who wrote these drivers to be so specific? Why cant we configure them like other input devices. How long would it take them to create the driver for illustrator?! A day?

I agree, I wont buy another one until they create these drivers.

Get with the program 3dconnexion.
Juiced

Re: configuring spacepilot for other apps (eg. illustrator)

Post by Juiced »

So, 10 years later and still no solution for combining 3dconnexion with Illustrator?
JHighet

Re: configuring spacepilot for other apps (eg. illustrator)

Post by JHighet »

And another 4.5 years and still no Illustrator drivers?!?! Hard to understand...