Disabling Buttons In Application

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

120STU

Disabling Buttons In Application

Post by 120STU »

Hi there,

I have written an C application that uses the SpacePilot and I want to disable certain buttons from the user.

Firstly I want to disable the Escape key on the SpacePilot. I can do this using the 3Dconnexion Control Panel, but is it possible to disable the Escape key on the SpacePilot in my code (without disabling the keyboard Escape key too)?

Secondly I want to disable the Panel button that toggles the Control Panel.

If anyone can post sample code to demonstrate the above it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Stuart
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi Stuart,

You have a couple of options.

1) Create and distribute a config file for your application that changes the assignment for these buttons to UNDEFINED. This is currently your only option with 3DxInput (TDxInput) the COM API.

2) If you are using the C/C++ SDK (not 3DxInput), you can use the SiSync API to do anything from your code that you can do manually in the GUI. You can use SiSyncSetButtonAssignment(Absolute) to undefine the button (or pass it to your app).

Jim
3Dx Software Development
120STU

Post by 120STU »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the help. I'd actually been experimenting with SiSyncSetButtonAssignment but had neglected to call SiSyncSendQuery to the driver first!

Thanks again,

Stu