Having trouble with radial menus with Cad Mouse

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

SDNM

Having trouble with radial menus with Cad Mouse

Post by SDNM »

3D Connexion Driver versions.jpg
3D Connexion Driver versions.jpg (73.66 KiB) Viewed 6212 times
Hi everybody:

While I'm generally happy with our Cad Mouse, I have a problem with the radial menus in one of the applications I use most frequently, TopSolid7. When you first start the program and for a while afterwards, the radial menus will work properly; you click the gesture button and up pops the radial menu (with some of the keyboard macros that I have created for use with TS7). After a while, however, the radial menu will fail to appear when summoned. At first I thought that it wasn't appearing at all, but later when I minimized TS7 to look for something on the desktop, I realized that the radial menu WAS there, but was hidden underneath the TS7 window. Hmm....

Has anybody else seen this problem? Can you offer a diagnosis of the problem, or better yet, offer a solution?

I will attach a screenshot that gives more details about the driver and firmware versions....

Thanks, Brian
UtaSH

Re: Having trouble with radial menus with Cad Mouse

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Brian,

it would be helpful if you install our latest driver - 3DxWare 10.6.7 - and see if the problem is still there.
SDNM

Post by SDNM »

Hi Uta:

OK-a new driver....cool. I will try this and report back.

Can you confirm the recommended procedure for the driver update? (I'm assuming that it's best to uninstall the current driver first, then reboot, then install the new one?). I have also read (somewhere on this forum-can't find it now, unfortunately) that a *clean* install is preferred, and that if you are running any Logitech s/w you should uninstall/reinstall that, too. Is this correct? This PC is using a Craft Keyboard and (was) using an MX Master wireless mouse.

Can you recommend the best way to do all of this? I don't see this in the FAQ.

Thanks, Brian
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Brian,

yes, in this case I recommend to first uninstall the previous driver and then install (maybe reboot) the latest version.

No need to uninstall the Logitech software.

Let me know what you find out.
SDNM

Post by SDNM »

Thanks, Uta. I’ve installed the latest driver and will see how it goes.

Cheers, Brian
SDNM

Post by SDNM »

Hi Uta:

After installing the latest driver and testing it for the last few days, I can confirm that the previously-reported problem remains. Can you suggest anything else to fix this issue?

I have tried to understand what causes this to occur, but can't pin it down yet. It will work for a while, but after some period of time, the menu will appear, but *beneath* the application (TopSolid 7). Logging off and then back on will "reset" things for a while, but then it eventually fails again.

Thanks, Brian
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Brian,

can you please test if you have problems with the radial menus as well in other application (e.g. your browser or the 3Dconnexion Viewer)? Once the problem occurs please see if it happens as well somewhere else.

Would the problem be gone once you restart your application (Top Solid)? Without logging off?
SDNM

Post by SDNM »

Hi Uta:

I don't use the radial menus much in any other applications, but from what little I can see, they still work (or at least they don't "hide" beneath the active window).

The problem does not disappear after exiting and restarting TopSolid. If I stop and then restart the 3D Connexion driver, and then restart TopSolid, the radial menus will work again for a while.

Thanks, Brian
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Brian,

I am afraid that the problem occurs because TopSolid has some special windows handling where the windows are pushing any other window to the background. We haven't had a report like this for now other than yours. I recommend that you ask TopSolid to correct their behaviour.