KMJ Emulator crashes Microsoft GameInput service

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ratavaz

KMJ Emulator crashes Microsoft GameInput service

Post by ratavaz »

Hi all,
recently, while installing on my PC the new XBOX application to enable XBOX GamePass Unlimited, Microsoft has also installed some additional support services including a service called Microsoft GameInput service. I've already updated 3DConnection driver and software and Windows 10 to the lates version and patch available.

After that I've started noticing a bunch of crashes from the GameInput service, more or less one every minute or so, right after crashing the service is re-forked and then crashes again. I've tried doing some investigation and have found out that the problem is related to "3DConnexion KMU Emulator".

Simply disconnecting my Space Navigator does not solve the problem.
By disabling from Device Manager the "HID-compliant game controller" which is part of "3DConnexion KMU Emulator", the continuous crashes stop but whenever I touch in any way the Space Emulator (buttons or 3d movement) the GameInput service crashes and gets restarted.

I've also tried to completely disable all the devices shown in Device Manager under "3DConnexion KMU Emulator" when I set "View devices by connection" in it (HID Keyboard Device, HID-Compliant game controller and HID-compliant mouse) but everything goes on as before.

I've opened a support request to 3DConnexion but got no answer so far.

Does anyone else has the problem and/or has some solution to propose?
Any way to completely disable or remove the "3DConnexion KMU Emulator", maybe temporarily so that can be reenabled when needed?
The "Stop 3DxWare" command from the Start menu does not help, the behaviour is the same as before.

Best regards and thanks in advance for any suggestion you could provide
Paolo
luping

Re: KMJ Emulator crashes Microsoft GameInput service

Post by luping »

UtaSH

Re: KMJ Emulator crashes Microsoft GameInput service

Post by UtaSH »

See here .