Problems with GameInput Service and Space Navigator

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ratavaz

Problems with GameInput Service and Space Navigator

Post by ratavaz »

Hi all,
since Microsoft has installed GameInput service on my Windows 10 PC as part of the XBOX services needed to support XBOX GamePass Ultimate, I'm experiencing conflicts with the 3DConnexion KMJ Emulator.

With 3DxWare version 10.6.5 the service constantly crashed every few seconds, unless I disabled from the Device Manager the "HID-compliant game controller" device listed under "3DConnexion KMJ Emulator" when the "Device by connection" view is selected. In that case the self-crashing stopped but the service crashed whenever I touched or used the Space Navigator, either by moving it or pressing one of the side buttons.

With 3DxWare version 10.6.7 the service does not constantly crash by itself but it crashes whenever I touch or use the Space Navigator, either by moving it or pressing one of the side buttons.

I've already tried the following:
  • Stop 3DxWare from Windows start menu - the problem remains
  • Disabling from Device Manager all the devices listed under "3DConnexion KMJ Emulator" when the "Device by connection" view is selected
I've tried opening a support request to 3Dconnexion but have received no answer whatsoever so far.

Does anyone has any suggestion on how to fix this issue?

Best Regards
Paolo
luping

Re: Problems with GameInput Service and Space Navigator

Post by luping »

Buy a new solid-state drive(SSD) for your game, as long as there's no motherboard change, Windows OS license activation will not expire.
You can install a second Windows OS into your new SSD and no need of second activation of Windows OS to use it. You just boot the PC and choose which SSD/HDD to start your OS, complete separation of work SSD/HDD and game SSD/HDD.

Problem closed.
UtaSH

Re: Problems with GameInput Service and Space Navigator

Post by UtaSH »

Hi paolo,

unfortunately the XBOX and the driver for the SpaceNavigator are not compatible. :( You have to uninstall the driver if you want to use your XBOX and reinstall if you want to use the SpaceNavigator. :|