Inventor extremly slow after installing Cad mouse

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Tranquill

Inventor extremly slow after installing Cad mouse

Post by Tranquill »

Hi all,

I have a 3D Connexion Space Explorer which I used for many years and is still in good working order.
Since a few month I have new PC and I needed to reinstall the 3D connexion driver, but the Space Explorer is so old it won't work with the latest driver for some reason.
Anyway, I could download an earlier version of the driver fit for my 3D mouse and it worked brilliantly like always.

2 weeks ago I purchased a CAD mouse from the same company but that won't work with the older driver.
I installed the latest driver and sent an email to 3D connexion for a solution to this problem, it seems absurd to me I should purchase a 300 dollar 3D mouse just for it to work with the latest driver.
After a week no reply I sent another mail, but again nothing.

Anyway, I needed to do some work on Inventor so I de-installed the latest driver and re-installed the older version so my Space Explorer would work again.
And there is where it went wrong because Inventor is now extremely slow, unworkable, it literaly takes minutes to open a simple part and the 3D mouse won't even work.
If I de-install the driver again it opens super smooth.
I really need some help with this because I really don't feel like buying a new expensive 3D mouse while this one worked fine untill recently.

Kind regards,
Tranquill

Re: Inventor extremly slow after installing Cad mouse

Post by Tranquill »

Hi all,

I tried some things but to avail untill now.
What I tried was: Disconnected the 3D mouse --> disconnected the new CAD mouse --> deleting the mouse drivers via device manager --> then de-install the program again --> Delete the folders from the "program files" folders --> delete the folders in regedit--> restart PC--> install correct old version of the program..... and still Inventor freezes...

Can it be the program changed a setting in the Inventor files, that would explain the lack of result with just messing with the 3D connexion software?
And if so, can I delete that file without having to re-install Inventor itself?

Kind regards,
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Tranquill,

did you as well remove the existing user configs (from %APPDATA%) as described here?
Tranquill

Post by Tranquill »

Your driver solution from the other post worked, thanks again! :-)