Powerpoint doesnt work with Spacemouse, but Excel and Word does.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Xzi

Powerpoint doesnt work with Spacemouse, but Excel and Word does.

Post by Xzi »

Hey there,

I recently got my Spacemouse Wireless (Driver: 10.6.5) and was messing around with it, and it was working fine. Then I decided to hop into powerpoint, as my job requires me to use it often, and I thought that the spacemouse might improve my work flow. Unfortunately it didnt work. I wasnt certain if this was an issue with Microsoft office as a whole, so I pulled up Excel and Word, and it ran just fine. Seems like the issue is with powerpoint. Is there any way I can fix this? I can see that it brought up a configuration name " Windows Powerpoint.xml" I tried following that config file to is file location, and I found it in Roaming, but the contents of the file were pretty bare bones. There wasn't any special configurations like the Word or Excel configuration file. Any help on solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

(P.S. IS there a way to select an item on a radial menu, just using the spacemouse? Seems like the intuitive choice, but I cant find anything anywhere on how to make that happen.)

(P.P.S I did try looking up my issue with powerpoint, and I could only find forum articles from here, from 2007-2010, and their method of fixing it was either a deadend, or didnt work)
luping

Re: Powerpoint doesnt work with Spacemouse, but Excel and Word does.

Post by luping »

At least you have to tell the MS Office product version. Is MS Office 32 bit or 64 bit application suite?