Use 3DConnexion over Remote Desktop

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

rinaldialberto

Use 3DConnexion over Remote Desktop

Post by rinaldialberto »

Hi there,

I just bought a new 3D connexion wireless mouse. I use it to work in Solidworks 2020.

If I use the 3Dmouse connected to my workstation in my office everything works (solidworks).
If I use the 3Dmouse connected to my windows laptop everything works (tutorial is smooth).

I would like to use the 3Dmouse connected to my windows laptop. On my laptop I run Remote Desktop to the workstation in my office where I run Solidworks.
The 3Dmouse is only zooming the solidworks part up in and out. Is there any way to make it work properly?

Waiting for your reply I thank you in advance,
Best Regards
Alberto Rinaldi
Attachments
setup
setup
im.jpg (31.64 KiB) Viewed 21958 times
ETipler

Re: Use 3DConnexion over Remote Desktop

Post by ETipler »

I'm having this exact problem in the same situation with an older SpaceNavigator USB, P/N 3DX-600028. I've tried changing the settings on the laptop with no improvement.
angiel

Post by angiel »

Using NX remotely. Having the same issue. Trying to work from home in these difficult times. Please advise a solution.
Sebastian_art

Post by Sebastian_art »

Hi guys,

This is a common problem, but it is being solved. For remote access to my 3D mouse, I use Flexihub software. Since the mouse is usb connected, there will be no problems with sharing the device.

It's a two part server/workstation software enabling for remote USB and found it here:
https://www.flexihub.com/usb-in-remote-desktop.html
I am sure your Space Navigator in RDP session will work.
Good luck.
ETipler

Post by ETipler »

Thanks, Ill give it a shot. My 6 port mini-hub connected "normal" mouse and keyboard have no trouble, will they be affected?
Sebastian_art

Post by Sebastian_art »

ETipler wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:59 am Thanks, Ill give it a shot. My 6 port mini-hub connected "normal" mouse and keyboard have no trouble, will they be affected?
What do you mean by affected? The regular mouse and keyboard connected to a USB hub should be redirected and stay fully functional as well
ETipler

Post by ETipler »

The SpaceNavigator, keyboard and standard mouse are all connected to the mini-hub. I can't risk affecting the functionality of the keyboard and standard mouse to gain functionality of the SpaceNavigator.

I haven't taken the time to test solution yet, maybe this afternoon.

Thanks again.
Chasedmo

Post by Chasedmo »

Following up to see if FLexihub software works for you. I am trying to find a solution for our team. Please let me know. Thanks
ETipler

Post by ETipler »

I didn't install it, 7 days free and then annual fee stopped me.
dlouiselle

Post by dlouiselle »

Has anyone found a solution? - Does Flexi hub or anything else work?
Taller_Birs

Post by Taller_Birs »

dlouiselle wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:52 am Has anyone found a solution? - Does Flexi hub or anything else work?
Hi,

For remote access to my 3D mouse, I use Flexihub software. Since the mouse is usb connected, there will be no problems with sharing the device.

It's a two part server/workstation software enabling for remote USB.

I use 3d mouse in Teamviewer.
Good luck.