Help! Google Promotion orders outside US won't execute

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

RichardT

Help! Google Promotion orders outside US won't execute

Post by RichardT »

Hi,

First: I know JourneyEd is responsible for your ordering system, however they seem to be unable to execute your promotion orders!!

I really hope you can help me, as I'll be awfully disapointed otherwise (not to mention emptyhanded for christmas, they were meant as presents).
The problem is - there is only one day left of the offer, so I really need some fast help!

I ordered SpaceNavigators from your Google Promotion, as sent to me in the Google Sightseer newsletter.
The promotion homepage:
http://www.3dconnexion.com/gepromo/en/
states that:
- All orders must be made through 3Dconnexion's online store
- All transactions are in US$
- All orders must be made by credit card

Anyway, there is only one "BUY" link, and it is to the US store, with no option to change currency, so its kind of self-enforced.

I'm from Denmark, and followed the link, ordering 9 SpaceNavigators (hey, it's soon Christmas! And at that price, it seems an obvious present).
The ordering system has no problem, I enter my address and country (Denmark). I also get a confirmation email.

However, the next day (today) I get a cancellation email from JourneyEd!

I've send mail to JourneyEd and fill a contact form on 3DConnextion webpage (you have no contact email anywhere), but they havent replied, and time is running out. The offer is only good tomorrow!

Calling JourneyEd support (int. calling rates....) I'm told they are unable to ship to Denmark!
I tell them that this offer requires me to order on the US webpage of 3DConnexion, and that that webpage has no problems accepting a destination in Denmark. But to no avail: They simply resign, telling me the system will not allow them to enter an address in Denmark.
It seems there is a problem in the ordering software, but they can't do anything about it.

I then try calling your sales offices, but it seems nobody is home - is today a holyday? Calling your Sales Office in Rochester, MI, I spend minutes (at int. calling rates...) buffing around your phone system, end up with the message "transferring to an operator", and ending up with an answering machine telling me someone is not at their desk.

Calling your Sales Office in Los Angeles, CA, I get the same treatment (int. calling rates again...) ending up at an answering machine at someones empty desk.

Calling your Corporate Headquarters in San Jose, CA, it gets a little more refined (extending the time on the line...), with a system which seems to expect you to know either the extension or the name of who you are calling. In the end, I manage to get passed to sales, and reach a answering machine telling me that X got a new phone number, but please call JourneyEd regarding sales.... Well - I already did, as you know.

I then try calling X's new phone number, but unexpectedly reach an answering machine at X's empty desk.

I'd say I've made around 10-15 int. calls to US today - with only one being answered (JourneyEd - they couldnt help me). All were made between 9am and 3:30pm local time - I went and checked with the timezones. It's 40 minutes past midnight here now, and 40 minutes past 3pm local time in California.

Somewhat frustrating, but mostly because I can see the deadline of the promotion nearing, and the SpaceNavigators disappearing...

For what it's worth, I tried investigating the problem, going through checkout with another item directly on JourneyEd's homepage.
There is no problem entering an address in Denmark (the country can be selected from a list of possible destinations), but one step further in the ordering process, it seems to have deleted the country from my address.
Editing the address, I can select the country again, but pressing OK, it presents a shipping address without any country again.
Come to think of it, loggin in to 3DConnexion store, it also forgets my country, so I have to select Denmark again.
This simply seems to be a software problem in the ordering system!
RichardT

Update - life is good

Post by RichardT »

I just got hold of the sales office in Los Angeles!
Seems he was away from the office yesterday (which is why I only got an answering machine).

He was very friendly and helpfull, and more or less promissed to sort everything out, either through JourneyEd or their 3DConnexion's Swedish sales office.

All in all, a great stress relief.
So, once I reached an actual person, I couldn't be happier with the support.

10 minutes later I got a mail from the Customer Service Manager at JourneyEd promising to sort things out, asking for the shipping address.

Having replied to that, 10 minutes later I got mail from her, saying a new identical order had been reentered and was in process for shipping.

It seems Christmas will be coming after all :-)

Moderators: You are welcome to delete this topic, as I assume the problem is solved, and anyway now have direct contact with the relevant person at 3DConnexion.
ngomes

Re: Update - life is good

Post by ngomes »

Hi RichardT,
Moderators: You are welcome to delete this topic, as I assume the problem is solved, and anyway now have direct contact with the relevant person at 3DConnexion.
Actually, our policy is only to delete spam.

We have also started an action to see how can be done to prevent this sort of thing happening in the future.
Nuno Gomes