Slow 3D in Solidworks

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

gcaldwell1

Slow 3D in Solidworks

Post by gcaldwell1 »

I am using the SpaceMouse Pro Wireless with Solidworks 2019 in WIndows 10 Pro. I tested this using a single part. Using the space mouse, 3D rotation and movement is very choppy and slow. Conversely, using the regular mouse when I press the scroll button, the part rotates at normal speeds. There is a setting or something somewhere that I am missing. HELP!
luping

Re: Slow 3D in Solidworks

Post by luping »

3DxWare version?
Solidworks 2019 service pack level?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi gcaldwell1,

did you check if you have "Dynamic Highlighting" enabled. Try if disabling it works better.

If that is the case you can use the option in the Advanced Settings of the driver to have the plugin handle it.
Andrey Pavlov

Post by Andrey Pavlov »

I have noticed that unpairing my AirPods resolves the problem.
Fred Wang

Post by Fred Wang »

Exactly the same problem with me. My SW 2019 drops frame and become laggy as soon as I use my Space mouse wireless to rotate/move the model, no matter how simple my model is.
My computer is running Windows 10 for workstation, with core i7-9850H and Quadro T2000 card. It should have enough performance since the rotation with my mouse is butter smooth.
What's really wired is that once I open up ANY drop-down menu or some of the windows built in Solidworks, the framerate is back to normal, as smooth as using a regular mouse. The key of boosting the performance is moving the focus away from the main window with models while rotating the model with the space mouse.
I also observed that when the space mouse is active, the solidworks process maxed out 2 of my 12 threads, which caused CPU to be bottlenecked. On the other side, the GPU usage is much lower than rotating with my regular mouse.
This problem only presents in SW, and should be somewhere between SW and 3Dconnexion. And the earliest post about this was around 2012, pretty disappointed to see they haven't get it fixed.
matthewnayna

Post by matthewnayna »

i had luck with an old release

laptop with solidworks

3DxWare64_v10-6-4_r3119.exe
Berno

Post by Berno »

Having the same problem. Many of my colleagues are experiencing the same issue. The 3D-mouse is basically useless in this state.
JaredHalon

Post by JaredHalon »

Hello guys,

I've noticed, that this is only happening when I am moving with my regular mouse together with 3D mouse.
Could there be some wrong misunderstanding what graphic card should focus on?

Like in a game, when you alt+tab from a game to another screen, the game drops FPS to "background" FPS.

Does anyone have a solution?

Have a nice day!
Strider460

Post by Strider460 »

I was having what sounds like a similar issue. Started suddenly though.

I'm running solidworks 2019 on a laptop with a dock station, and to make matters worse i have the dock plugged into the monitors USB extension and the Spacemouse plugged into the monitors USB port. Problem went away when I plug the spacemouse into the laptop directly; The "sudden" trigger may have been unplugging the laptop from the dock.
JaredHalon

Post by JaredHalon »

I've just had another issue where the rotating was really slow, like really really slow and laggy. Even with moving and not moving with regular mouse.
I've solved this issue switching two USBs together at the back of my PC.
But 3D mouse + regular mouse issue still going.
Randykeklen

Post by Randykeklen »

Solidworks 2022, same problem, STUPID solution....

Had Spacemouse plugged into a USB port extender along with my gaming keyboard (required 2 usb slots) and wireless mouse dongle. Unplugged Spacemouse from port extender, connected it directly into laptop and VOILA!! instant speed.
JaredHalon

Post by JaredHalon »

Hi,
I solved the lagging issue with regular mouse + 3D mouse moving together.

Try to turn off in the Settings on the tab "Display" the "Dynamic Highlight".
I am not sure with the exact EN-translation in SolidWorks.

This helped me, but unfortunately you wont see the pre-selected highlighted elements, before you click on them.
solidworks.png
solidworks.png (101.07 KiB) Viewed 6644 times