Rotation Lock won't Unlock (Enterprise in Fusion 360)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

CthulhuChild

Rotation Lock won't Unlock (Enterprise in Fusion 360)

Post by CthulhuChild »

Title says it all. Keybinding for rotation lock works (in that it disables rotation and the rotation lock LED lights up), but won't unlock when you press it again. To re-enable rotation you need to launch the 3dx configuration, click advanced, and check off the "rotation" selection button.

Obviously, this is a huge pain since I am used to clicking rotation lock on when working in a sketch, then untoggling it when I am done sketching.

This is with a fresh install of everything, albiet using custom macros.

imsonica

Re: Rotation Lock won't Unlock (Enterprise in Fusion 360)

Post by imsonica »

I have exactly the same problem with CATIA V5-6R2018 using SpaceMouse Pro with driver version 10.6.4 or 10.6.3.
During CATIA interaction suddenly the rotation mode toggle goes to deactivated and it is not possible to reactivate it directly from CATIA interface, the only way is to ope the control panel of the SpaceMouse and reactivate the Rotation flag.
The same happens if the default rotation lock on the space mouse is used into CATIA, it is not possible to unlock the rotation.

Regards

A
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi CthulhuChild,

I will contact you by email with some questions.
Alexscouce64

Post by Alexscouce64 »

Hi all,

I have exactly the same problem on Skechup 2019 since version 10.6.4 :(, I also have the zoom which goes away all at once without reason regularly, it's very unpleasant ...
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

imsonica wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:20 am I have exactly the same problem with CATIA V5-6R2018 using SpaceMouse Pro with driver version 10.6.4 or 10.6.3.
During CATIA interaction suddenly the rotation mode toggle goes to deactivated and it is not possible to reactivate it directly from CATIA interface, the only way is to ope the control panel of the SpaceMouse and reactivate the Rotation flag.
The same happens if the default rotation lock on the space mouse is used into CATIA, it is not possible to unlock the rotation.

Regards

A
Hi imsonica,

do you see this happen when you are in Sketch mode resp switch back from Sketch mode?
aalsalihi

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi all,

If you have an issue in regards the toggle for Rotation Lock ON/OFF that means there's something corrupted with the config's for that specific XML application. Our driver creates an XML sheet for each application you use our device with and store the functions/settings as an XML sheet.

I would suggest deleting the XML sheet for the application you have the issue with then test it after.
- Close the current application with the issue
- Navigate too C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg
- Delete the XML sheet for your application, for example if you using Fusion 360 then you should see Fusion360.XML
- Reopen the application and test the issue

If the issue is still happening then I recommend to use our diagnostic tool to reset the settings and configurations for our driver.

-Close the application you working with
-Navigate to C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\3DxDiag
-Run 3DxDiag.bat
-You will get a small window for our Diagnostic Tool.
-Make sure its not displaying in Red that the log is not enabled. If its showing then please click on Enabled log
-Once that done, Scroll down under Reset
-Click on Reset driver settings then press OK to delete files.
-Once that done, click on the second reset button which is Reset Configuration and press OK to delete files
- Reopen the application and test the issue

Regards,
Abdul. A
mudden_swe

Post by mudden_swe »

For users having trouble with rotaion lock on or off after upgrading the CAD software PTC CREO (Pro Engineer), I can confirm that the solution by @aalsalihi works!

We recently upgraded to CREO 7 and after that the rotation lock button on my SPace Mouse PRO did not work.
I removed the ProE.xml file (that's the name of the CREO xml file) and now the rotation lock works!
dwatkins

Post by dwatkins »

hi all,

when deleting the XML file it does work. however when i change the 3D space mouse zoom settings it no longer works? is there another alternative method I can try?

this is on powershape 2023

many thanks