How to customise cadmouse for keystroke and LMB

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

cadschool

How to customise cadmouse for keystroke and LMB

Post by cadschool »

I want to use the cad mouse to orbit in Cinema 4D
you normally have to hold down '3' and use Left mouse button
I cannot find a way to set this up.
Any help appreciated!
aalsalihi

Re: How to customise cadmouse for keystroke and LMB

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Cadschool,

I was testing this on my end and it seems when you hold 3 and click left mouse click it will roll the object.
I was able to check the roll axes in our driver setting which enabled the axes and allowed me to roll the object.

Make sure 3Dconnexion settings in Cinema 4D is enabled first then enable the axes in our UI setting panel.
In Cinema 4D:
- Click on View then 3Dconnexion then 3D Mouse Dialog
- Make sure there's a checkmark for Enabled and keep angles small
- Make sure under Navigation, Fly and Move there's a checkmark on Translation and Rotation (Make sure there's checkmarks for x,y,z and h,p,b)

Once that done, please open 3Dconnexion Home on your computer
- Click on Settings
- Make sure the device is selected
- Make sure the application name is listed on the top (if the application is not listed then please click inside of Cinema 4D then click back again on our setting window which should change the name for you)
- Click on Advanced Settings
- Make sure the 5th icon is check for rolling which is the same feature as holding number 3 and the left mouse click
- I do recommend all axes to be enabled in our Advanced settings
- Test it in Cinema 3D

Regards,
Abdul. A
aalsalihi

Re: How to customise cadmouse for keystroke and LMB

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Cadschool,

In order to use that function in our setting and assign it to one of the buttons then please do the following below:
- Open Cinema 4D
- Open 3Dconnexion Home
- Click on Settings
- Make sure the device is selected
- Make sure the application name is listed on the top (if the application is not listed then please click inside of Cinema 4D then click back again on our setting window which should change the name for you)
- Click on Buttons
- Choose one of the buttons then click on the right arrow (It will display a list of folders, one of them is Macros)
- Click on Macros folder and scroll down and select New Macro
- Assign a name to the Macro. The Macro shortcut should be, press 3, press right mouse button, release 3, release right mouse button.
- Once that done, please save the Macro and test it in Cinema 4D

I was able to map this function on all 5 buttons for the CadMouse and worked for me :)

Regards,
Abdul. A