Spacenavigator for Gaming

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Venzon

Re: Spacenavigator for Gaming

Post by Venzon »

I was on the fence about getting the Spacenavigator, but this thread made my mind. This is awesome lol. I just hope I'll be able to set it up properly once I get it. Cheers fellas.
muddiman

Post by muddiman »

mgmarms wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:59 pm Interesting controller in your photos.
In which games do you use it?

I use this controller for all games.
I mainly use it in first person shooters, COD
Don Muddiman
Loophole

Post by Loophole »

Does anyone know if the RBC9 driver is still working for Windows 10 x64? I have been trying to get it running, and although it installs Ok (following the procedure), the driver fails to start, and reports an "insufficient memory" error - which sounds like driver speak for "Windows has changed something and I'm no longer compatible!"

The KMJ emulation in the current official 3D Connexion drivers does not seem to be working even though the KMJ device appears in Windows, and I get the impression from reading posts that this is a known issue. Hence I am looking into the RBC9 option.
mrslysly

Post by mrslysly »

muddiman wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:34 pm I removed the electronics form a Spacenavigator and fabricated a custom grip. I"m using the RBC9 driver and software on Windows 10 for custom gaming setup.Image. I've been using this setup since 2010.
muddiman,

I'm interested in the custom mount you made. Was it off the shelf parts or was the grip custom made? Links to the parts or make/model #? I am trying to accommodate a CAD designer that has arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome. So I'm looking to move the SpaceMouse control wheel into a more natural position for extended use.
muddiman

Post by muddiman »

mrslysly,
The custom mount is a modified SpaceOrb. The SpaceOrb was a gaming product from the mid-'90s. I cut the SpaceOrb in half, added a RAM ball mount point. fabricated a mounting plate for the SpaceNavigator electronics, created a ball to cover for the SpaceNavigator puck and added the buttons. I then used automotive Bondo to complete the final shape. I'm still using the RBC9 software and modified driver in Windows 10 64bit for gaming.
Attachments
Image00001.jpg
Image00001.jpg (64.56 KiB) Viewed 9129 times
Image00002.jpg
Image00002.jpg (67.42 KiB) Viewed 9129 times
Image00001.jpg
Image00001.jpg (38.6 KiB) Viewed 9129 times
Don Muddiman
jwick

Post by jwick »

Genius
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

brilliant and genius.
Space Navigator x2, Space Pilot, Space Pilot Pro, SpaceMouse Enterprise
Ashleybarry

Post by Ashleybarry »

I saw your gaming setup! To be honest, I don't like it I think you should upgrade this by these pictures' awesome gaming setup.
I think of myself as a hard-working person but at the same time, I like to enjoy life for example going to the cinema, walking around with friends, doing sports.
B0CKSCAR

Post by B0CKSCAR »

Really?
Not one of you is going to comment about the insane exo-suit/seat controller with foot pedals?
I mean I got a spacemouse for work, but the thought had crossed my mind that it could be useful for gaming also. But now I don't care about using it for gaming, or for work, I'd sell it right now (along with both my pinkies) for that chair.
jwick

Post by jwick »

I'll comment: Cool Chair!

I don't see that the seat is motion-sensitive, but knowing Don, he's probably working on it.
It seems possible to replace the springs in the SpaceNavigator with very stiff spring steel and mount it on the stem of the chair. Ok, it won't take all the weight, so probably not as a replacement. It would have to be by the side.
muddiman

Post by muddiman »

I took a second look at that exo-suit/seat controller with foot pedals setup, it appears it is all contact button controlled, no mouse XY axis. Funny thing you mention motion-sensitive seat control, I tried that before I discovered the SpaceNavagator.
Here's my current setup I've been running for the past ten-plus years, at age 68 I still play four to five times a week. :D
Attachments
20211111_164526_tn.jpg
20211111_164526_tn.jpg (247.57 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
20211111_164612_tn.jpg
20211111_164612_tn.jpg (250.21 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
Don Muddiman